About Pocket Worlds
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
Are you passionate about building amazing games? Do you want to manage the development of a leading mobile metaverse platform that millions of people love? Join our fast-growing team at Pocket Worlds! We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who will manage Highrise's creative direction and development.
This hugely important role interfaces with different teams in the company: Product, Engineering, Art, Support, and Live-Ops. Managing the creative direction and production of the project from scratch, the Product Manager will provide clear guidelines and key success factors at all stages of development. We prioritize experimentation and iteration. You will work in small sprints to validate hypotheses. The game will be a living, breathing project that will evolve and change as we learn new things through prototyping and iterating.
This role and our entire company is remote, but applicants in North or South American time zones are preferred.
This role will give you the opportunity to…
- Design and execute the Highrise Live Operations development roadmap.
- Oversee project progress for all sprints, milestones, and releases.
- Collaborate with different teams: art, product, engineering or marketing and work together on features improving Highrise’s KPIs (retention, engagement, monetization).
- Run experiments and optimize Highrise’s gameplay and community experience around.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing deadlines.
- Managing the small LiveOps Highrise team. ### ### To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…
- Have 4+ years of experience managing products, content deadlines, or a similar position.
- Have experience shipping at least one successful project, ideally a mobile game, metaverse platform, or web3 project.
- Have a strong creative mind with a deep understanding of game or social network design.
- Be able to work in an Agile development environment from day one.
- Be highly flexible, as you will be iterating on a weekly basis.
- Have excellent task-tracking organizational skills with a proactive mindset.
- Have the ability to analyze problems and provide guidance in different areas, such as art, game design, organization, and business.
- Communicate honestly and effectively with people across the entire company.
- Be able to work well remotely, including managing your schedule effectively.
- Have a deep passion for games.
- Major bonus points if you have designed female-centric games.
- Major bonus points if you worked on deeply social/multiplayer games that include cooperation. ### ### Within 3 months you'll…
- Have interviewed leaders in our organization to develop an understanding of our philosophy, culture, and how we work.
- Contribute to product ideas and feature discussions.
- Work closely with the management team in high-trust feedback sessions. ### ### Within 6 months, you'll…
- Easily set up all events and live content in Highrise.
- Regularly tune and improve events in Highrise.
- Come up with new event ideas using the building blocks available to you.
- Help the Support and Community teams accomplish their work.
- Meaningfully contribute to Product discussions to come up with features that move the app forward.
Our goal is to define the future of the metaverse with the product we build, and to grow from tens of millions to billions of users in the process.
Join us on this journey and together we will build something incredible.