Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, already helping millions of people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively and get ahead, wherever they are.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised capital from top-tier investors including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
📍 Location: Remote, US.
We’re looking to add a Senior Analyst to our growing Product Data Science & Analytics team to help us measure the impact of our Product Growth initiatives and identify opportunities to expand the network of people who use async video at work. In this role you will help the Growth PM team drive initiatives that range from big bets that inflect Loom’s growth trajectory to quick wins that continuously remove friction for our users.
We have rich, complex datasets and our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from conducting ad-hoc research, creating dashboards, building funnels, designing and evaluating tests, crafting complex database queries and ETL pipelines, and developing sophisticated predictive models. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
- Be the primary partner for the Product Growth team and collaborate with Product, Engineering and Design to understand growth and optimization opportunities and measure impact of initiatives
- Lead the analytics team for Product Growth and manage a small team of product analysts
- Provide data insights through A/B testing, dashboards, user behavior analyses and ad-hoc requests
- Design and develop core business metrics, creating insightful automated dashboards (and the necessary data pipelines) and data visualization to track progress
- Proactively derive data insights and turn them into growth recommendations, communicate results and learnings to the rest of the team
- Lead A/B experiments from the Data side by supporting experiment design, tracking, implementation and owning the final analysis and readout
- Build analytics plans for new products and features, helping the Product Growth team understand which metrics need to be measured and which events need to be tracked
- Inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user acquisition and activation behavior
- Lead and mentor team members with processes and analytical and technical expertise for executing experiments, building pipelines and answering open ended business questions
What We're Looking For
- 4-7 years of experience in an analytics role turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories
- Experience with the SaaS customer lifecycle from acquisition to retention
- Experience with designing and analyzing experiments
- Superior SQL (Snowflake, Postgres) skills - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau or Mode)
- Experience with a statistical scripting language (e.g. R or Python) is a plus
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT is a plus
- Experience in data modeling and ETL development is a plus
- Experience collaborating with multiple business functions and stakeholders to develop metrics and key insights
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or higher
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement