About Roboto Games
We’re Roboto Games, a minty fresh venture-backed games company. Before this we were leading games at PopCap, EA and Space Ape. And this isn’t our first rodeo/game studio. In 2007 we founded ZipZapPlay, a web and Facebook gaming company (we baked lots of cupcakes while making Baking Life), which we sold to PopCap (zombies also eat cupcakes it turns out) before they sold to EA in 2011. Since then we’ve also contributed to several mobile game hits. On average, we have 12 years of experience designing games with over $100m in revenue and over 65m players.
At Roboto, our mission is to make games that are good alone and great together. Our games are real-time multiplayer and cross-platform, so friends can easily play together. Our upcoming title is a bite-size survival/crafting MMO that will also include the option to own web3 digital assets (such as NFTs). We believe in making inclusive hybrid free-to-play and -own games that are fun for years and that will appeal to a broad range of players. Whether it’s on mobile, web, or PC you and your friends can play together anytime and anywhere. As if that wasn’t enough, we aim to make our games fully moddable so that anyone can create their own amazing content, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior VFX Artist who loves the idea of building a platform to enable both professional and hobbyist creators to design amazing experiences for others. If that sounds like fun, then join us! You should also join us if you like wizards, zombies and unicorns, not necessarily in that order. All that sounds great you say? What do I need to do? Glad you asked!
- Design, balance and optimize our player driven game economies to be both fun for everyone and stable in response to web3 market conditions
- Work with the leadership team to develop our web3 pricing and strategy for our digital assets including NFTs and fungible tokens
- Write product feature specifications that would support both the free to play economy and the crypto economy of our hybrid games
- Analyze our games’ economy, engagement, retention, and monetisation metrics to propose changes and improve our designs
- Ensure our economies are protected against bots and bad actors
- Understand and communicate how product changes might impact key metrics and the game’s community
- Define requirements for A/B testing, analyze the results, and make product recommendations based on these results
- Work with the Community Manager to develop deep community insights to inform economy design and initiatives
- Research the current web3 market and propose a strategy and tactics for our token launches including working with our director of product marketing and market pricing strategies
- 4+ years working on live games in a product manager role
- Worked on at least 1 game from pre-production to ship
- Proven experience working on at least one complex user driven economy including building the economy, monitoring it and fixing any issues
- A passion for gaming and Web3 spaces
- Strong knowledge of SQL or other data analysis queries
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to both deliver and receive honest constructive feedback in a professional and open manner
- Live in a time-zone within 4 hours of Pacific Time for team coordination
Nice to haves
- B.Sc. or B.A., in Economics, Finance, Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science preferred
- Statistical analysis skills for modeling player behavior including A/B testing and LTV models
- 1+ Years experience working on a Web3 Product/DeFi
- Programming experience
- Passion for multiplayer online games
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $120,000-$200,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
Why work with Roboto Games?
- As a member of a small team, your voice will be heard and you will have an immense impact on our games and community
- Make games that you can play with your friends. Make games you can play on your phone, on your PC, on your mom’s Chromebook. You get the idea
- Work alongside a diverse group of game industry game veterans with 12+ years of experience
- Work from anywhere as long as you have enough overlapping hours with the Pacific time zone (plus or minus 3 hours for this position)
- Occasionally travel to Roboto’s HQ in California for work weeks and company offsites (attending remotely will always be supported)
- Full time role with benefits (4 weeks of paid time off, stock options,health, dental, vision, charitable donation matching)
- What’s not to like?