Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, already helping millions of people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively and get ahead, wherever they are.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised capital from top-tier investors including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
While Loom is known for its best in class screen recording, the most visited surface of Loom’s product is actually the video share page. Viewers outnumber Creators, and the ViewerX team works to solve their needs.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to drive forward the viewing experience of Loom. Loom’s product value depends on a “flywheel” of Creators and Viewers reaching alignment. While can the experience of consuming a loom be further improved for Viewers? How can Viewers effectively respond to a loom and take action on it? How do looms fit within a Viewer’s daily workflows, and how might those workflows be optimized? From the Share page, to the Loom embedded player, to collaboration integrations like Slack, the ViewerX PM will aim to increase Viewer engagement on looms from both a viewing and consuming perspective (video views), and a post-view engagement perspective (comments, reactions, etc). This PM will also work closely with related teams to coordinate on Creator “packaging” of looms, and Growth to help support signups on the logged out version of the Viewer share page.
- Drive Loom’s product strategy delighting viewers and enabling them to effectively engage on/with Loom
- Own the user experience for viewing and collaborating on the video Share page (desktop and mobile web), embedded video players (like on Notion), and Slack video embeds
- Continually ensure the best-in-class quality, performance, and reliability of the Loom viewing experience
- Bring out the creativity in your team to identify opportunities for innovating in the viewing experience
- Empower internal teams with viewer-related tooling and data
What We're Looking For
- You believe deeply in the power of video and its ability to transform communication at work
- You have a track record for building high quality, successful products with design and engineering teams
- You’re comfortable with building a working understanding of technical systems in order to understand engineering-driven prioritization trade offs
- You’re data-driven, with a willingness to get into the weeds
- You’ve got knack for distilling complex problems affecting many stakeholders
- You're an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you're comfortable managing high-stakes communications
- Bonus: previous experience working on a workplace collaboration tool or video app
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.