Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more. On Skillshare, millions of members come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey.
Are you looking for a holistic learning solution for your entire organization? Learn about Skillshare for Teams: https://teams.skillshare.com/
Want to work at Skillshare? Our collaborative culture goes far beyond our online community. It’s a real part of the humans-first way we work as a team. We believe the work we do makes a difference in the lives of our members, and our mission extends to ensuring our own team members live balanced, fulfilling lives. That means different things for everyone, but it begins with a workplace that embraces modern flexibility, inclusivity and transparency. See our career opportunities: https://jobs.lever.co/skillshare
At Skillshare, we’re building a global community of curious, lifelong learners. Our Growth teams are responsible for the core experience for all students and teachers along with product-led growth initiatives.
We’re excited to welcome a Lead Product Manager who will work closely with teams across the company to drive business-critical growth initiatives and ensure the core experience for all Skillshare students and teachers is best-in-class.
What you'll do
- Work with cross functional representatives from engineering, design, growth and marketing teams to identify growth opportunities and implement data-driven solutions to drive key growth metrics.
- Define and implement innovative solutions to optimize student learning experience and engagement while driving subscription and marketplace growth and retention.
- Partner closely with user research to unpack student and teacher feedback, and pair this feedback with product metrics to inform product strategy development decisions.
- Lead and mentor others across the organization, including members of our product, engineering, brand and growth marketing teams.
Why we're excited about you
- You have experience at a consumer brand owning a business-critical domain as a product manager, ideally with a focus on product-led growth.
- You know how to understand and leverage the strengths of a great product and use that knowledge to inform product growth strategy.
- You’re technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers, and comfortable communicating complex concepts to non-technical teams and leaders across the company.
- You’re a creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas.
- You have a proven ability to proactively lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment.
Why you're excited about us
- Impact: You’ll be in a highly visible role responsible for several business-critical growth initiatives while helping us improve the core experience for our students and teachers.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats, lead and mentor others, and take on more ownership over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- Compensation: Our target salary range for this role is $185,000 - $200,000 plus equity, depending on skills and experience. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.