OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Trust & Safety team at OpenSea, you will be owning the product roadmap on one of the most business-critical pillars for OpenSea’s success: making OpenSea the most trusted destination for buying, selling, and consuming NFTs. Trust & Safety at OpenSea entails a challenging task — taking the vast and exponentially growing corpus of NFTs on various blockchains, and surfacing the inspiring and safe content therein, while downgrading fraudulent activity.
Product Managers at OpenSea work with users, developers, designers, and other stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and solve the most pressing problems for our business. We think of our PMs as “CEOs” for their respective areas — they own success for a group holistically. A great fit for this role will be someone who evaluates problems from a 'first-principles' mindset, is intensely curious, maniacally detail-oriented, and cares deeply about the craftsmanship of a well-designed user experience. Above all, we want the individual in this role to develop a clear understanding of our user so that the product work we take on can be passed through that lens. We would like to hire someone for this role who can create internal momentum around a product roadmap we reach consensus on, but make data-driven and customer-driven suggestions when we need to alter our course. You will function as somewhat of a polyglot, creating dialogue with stakeholders from various departments about new product initiatives.
- Creating well-scoped, well-documented Product Requirements Documents to serve as clear references for work developers take on
- Working with our Head of Product to plan upcoming sprints that account for necessary progress towards roadmap initiatives, developer bandwidth, and other factors
- Making use of data and analytics to inform product decisions, including tracking success criteria for new features we launch and designing dashboards from which we can extract product insights
- Conducting and summarizing user research in the form of user interviews, surveys, monitoring of customer feedback channels, and session data
- Working closely with Developers and Engineering Managers to ensure new product initiatives have been de-risked from an engineering perspective and scoped down to the highest-impact, lowest-effort solution to the problem
- Iterating over design concepts with our designers based on findings from user interviews
- Ensuring we maintain a high bar for quality in the work that we ship by remaining attentive to high-severity bugs and ensuring our bug triaging system is running smoothly
- Curating our backlog to ensure we are scoring new ideas accurately for effort and impact, in order to shortlist those tasks with the most outsized return on engineering bandwidth
- Caring deeply about building a best-in-class product
- Relevant product management experience with demonstrated success owning key product initiatives
- Experience with agile and scrum methodologies, including experience administering sprint planning meetings, stand-ups and retrospectives
- A technical background or fluency with engineering concepts in order to clearly communicate product needs to engineers
- Experience conducting user interviews and translating insights from those sessions into feature ideation
- The ability to abstract away complexity, both in the context of feature scope and in creating intuitive experiences for our users
- Experience developing a product roadmap at a growth-stage company and tracking progress towards those initiatives
- Comfort collaborating and communicating with Developers and Designers at various levels of seniority to ensure product requirements are met
- Experience moving new feature ideas effectively and expediently through an entire product development cycle, ensuring a smooth roll-out of new work that does not introduce regression
- Deep enthusiasm and passion for the NFT or crypto space . Professional experience in crypto / blockchain / NFTs is not required, but you should own NFTs and ideally be an active user of OpenSea
- [Nice to have] Experience working in a growth-stage startup
- [Nice to have] Coding fluency or ability
- [Nice to have] Exposure through a previous role to the blockchain ecosystem
- [Nice to have] The ability to create simple, low-fidelity mock-ups in Figma or other design tools
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $205,000 - $270,000 plus benefits & equity.