Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
What’s so interesting about this role?
Come lead expansion for the world’s most prominent LGBTQ+ public company, and help us continue to lead the market with high revenue growth and profitability for years to come. As Grindr’s Principal Product Manager Expansion, you will set our long-term strategy and lead the team to develop our expansion strategies globally. Utilizing your empathy and understanding of the Grindr user, your team will drive ambitious product launches that will continuously engage and delight our subscriber base, building the foundation from which Grindr will expand to serve even more users and use cases over time.
In this role, you will report directly into the CPO and will establish a product roadmap that will set Grindr up for continued commercial success (continued high revenue growth and profitability) as we become the world’s most prominent queer public company. This role will be an incredible opportunity for you to put your growth-centric mindset and AI/ML expertise to work to develop and communicate a compelling roadmap for our revenue and growth path, build and lead a cohesive distributed team, energize the company behind your vision, and serve the largest global network of 11+ mil members of the queer community.
What’s the job?
The Product Expansion Manager will guide and lead Grindr’s global expansion efforts and AI/ML implementation across three key areas: subscriptions, premium add-ons, and advertising revenue. As part of these efforts, you and your squad will also own Grindr’s positioning, pricing, and marketing to users throughout their life cycle, from free user all the way through to our highest subscription tier.
In your first 12-18 months in the role, you will contribute to Grindr’s growth by:
- Crafting a 12-18 month expansion strategy and roadmap aligned with Grindr’s overall product vision and revenue goals
- Prioritizing and shipping impactful monetization features to improve user acquisition and retention
- Developing a monetization metrics framework to drive user engagement and retention
- Supporting the career growth and development of the monetization product team in line with the product strategy and roadmap
- Elevating the core Grindr app experience to become a more modern and world class app for the coming decade
What we'll love about you
- 10+ years of product experience on web or mobile apps in the consumer product space with prior experience leading major B2C expansion and monetization initiatives through successful launches
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a managerial-level position, preferably with experience leading Staff+ level employees on geographically distributed remote teams
- Subject-matter expertise in launching AI/ML features and applications in mobile and web B2C businesses
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach to owning the PDLC - you make decisions based on reliable data and your team’s ability to positively impact the business’ bottom line
- Proven history of KPI- and goal-driven leadership; you understand how to build, inspire, and drive a product function to success
- Curiosity, authenticity, and the ability to engender followership -- you are able to build strong relationships across all functions/levels and get people across the company excited about the direction and committed to the journey
- You have a talent for creating structure from ambiguity and operating with intent while looking for opportunities. You know how to turn your vision into strategy through your curiosity, grit, compassion, and data-driven decisions
- Executive presence and leadership confidence; you have extensive experience leading and influencing at the Executive level with a willingness to advocate for the choices you believe are right for the business
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills with the ability to define and communicate the ‘big picture’ to key stakeholders at various levels
- Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing and/or leading a design team. Expertise collaborating with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs
- Experience fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensuring that your team’s voices are heard and valued
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience launching global revenue products across different markets, cultures, and languages
- Extensive experience with social and subscription-based business models
- Blended experience at small and large-scale global companies (startups and public companies)
- Subject-matter expertise in the dating business, LGBTQ community, and social/communication technologies
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Multiple Locations: We currently have offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are hiring someone for this role to be based ideally in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events