Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together.
We’re looking for experienced data scientists to work with our core product teams, who will take ownership of the team’s data projects and serve as a strategic partner to Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and Marketing.
Teams we’re currently hiring for:
FigJam: this is Figma’s newest standalone product offering, and it’s one of the company priorities this year. FigJam is an online whiteboard for teams to ideate and brainstorm together. The ideal candidate for this team will have exceptional problem solving and storytelling ability, a strong sense of ownership, excellent stakeholder management, and a track record of using data to influence product teams and help them achieve their goals.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leverage various data science methods such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and causal inference to understand user behavior and optimize the product experience
- Design and evaluate experiments to measure improvements to UI and algorithms
- Generate ideas to creatively leverage data for shaping future product roadmaps
- Drive democratization of data through creation of new datasets and tooling
- Design and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Fluency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in distributed data processing systems (Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge around statistical methods including A/B testing, causal inference, experimentation, cluster-randomized testing
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Learn more about the hiring process, and interview tips at Figma.