Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead one of the machine learning product teams for Etsy Ads, our onsite ad platform!
There are millions of unique products on Etsy. You will be responsible for developing and crafting a strategy to connect buyers with the right product at the right time, helping sellers accelerate their growth. Do you find happiness in applying innovative machine learning solutions to important customer problems to drive business impact? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Product. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico.You will have the option to work office-based, flex or remotely. Candidates living within commutable distance of Mexico City, or within the Guadalajara areas, may be the first to be considered. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- Etsy Ads is used by our smallest and largest sellers to grow their businesses, and it is one of Etsy’s major revenue streams.
- The team works to evolve our ads product across buyer experience, seller tools, ad relevance, marketplace solutions, and measurement to better meet the needs of our customers.
- We solve challenging problems across a highly sophisticated product stack to improve the product.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Lead product strategy and roadmap definition for an Etsy Ads Machine Learning team.
- Collaborate across functions (Analytics, Design, Engineering, Research) to identify, prioritize, define, and execute on the right areas that will improve outcomes for customers and drive business impact for Etsy.
- Partner with teams across Etsy Ads and beyond to develop end to end solutions spanning buyer and seller experiences and machine learning.
- Contribute to team culture, health, and team success by identifying, advocating for, and taking action on areas of improvement.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- You have 5+ years of Product Management or comparable experience.
- You have worked with Machine Learning engineers to prioritize, build, evaluate, and launch ML driven product solutions that address customer needs and deliver business impact.
- You are team oriented, collaborative, and committed to facilitating the contribution of diverse perspectives and skills to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- You are deeply customer focused and connect customer needs to business outcomes when finding opportunities for the team.
- You consistently use data and insights to identify the right path forward and make decisions that increase return on our investments.
- You are highly motivated to help the team succeed and work with urgency and creativity to build clarity, resolve blockers, and realize impact.
- You are committed to learning and growing. You are curious, and are willing to give and be receptive to the gift of feedback.
- You communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, peers and executives.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.