About Pocket Worlds
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
As a Product Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of our products by guiding product strategy and collaborating with our CEO, CTO, and product and engineering leaders. With your expert guidance and ownership, our product development "squads" will operate efficiently while delivering features and maintaining momentum. Your exceptional decision-making and data-driven insights will ensure our roadmap aligns seamlessly with the company's vision and goals.
We are looking for a Product Manager who excels at crafting detailed specifications that provide clear direction for our engineering and design teams. Your role will involve conducting comprehensive market research and leveraging feedback from Highrise creators or users to identify trends and unique opportunities for Highrise. You will work daily with the CEO and CTO on aligning strategy and deliverables.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a company revolutionizing the gaming industry, so be ready to adopt a "zero to one" mindset. Joining our team means immersing yourself in a culture of innovation and iteration. As the first product manager, you will envision roadmaps and features, apply a long-term product vision, and manage tactical product details.
Here are the skills and qualities we're looking for in our ideal candidate:
- A desire and ability to push projects forward and deliver them to completion.
- Excellent decision-making and judgment ability.
- Bachelor's degree. An MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in product management, product development, or a related role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to suit diverse audiences.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in conducting comprehensive market research and competitive analysis.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret product data, utilizing quantitative and qualitative insights to drive data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinking.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced startup is a plus.