Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
As Growth (DeFi) Product Manager, you will report into the DeFi lead, and work cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to identify unique solutions for growth and help ensure that external product teams have top-tier support.
Key Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the PM role include: Collaborating with the DeFi team to identify promising, DeFi-native expansion for protocols within the Polygon ecosystem, like the recent Maker DAO Spark / sDAI proposalWork with the Project Management team to identify and instantiate promising and problematic areas for development within the Polygon stack. Interfacing with the Solution Provider team and external protocols to ensure that any engineering issues are quickly and communicatively aggregated & addressed.
A Day in the Life
A Day in the Life might include:
- In-person / virtual calls and messaging to conduct project support for DeFi projects on Polygon.
- Working cross-functionally with teams like Solution Providers, Product Management, and DeFi teams to maximize impact.
- Traveling to conferences
- Creating DeFi product strategy across Polygon’s different blockchains: PoS, zkEVM, Miden, and Supernets
- Collaborating closely with the existing DeFi team.
About the Team
- The DeFi team at Polygon is one of the best known and most established in the space. As a team, we’re focused on developing sustainable business models on-chain, and supporting novel primitives.
- The main focus over the coming years puts a heavy emphasis on building out native products on Polygon networks, expanding the growth of zkEVM, and helping projects find product-market fit. The DeFi lead and Product Management team are responsible for helping resource, create strategy, and ideate with the Product Manager.
- Joining our team means working closely with a group of passionate, DeFi-native builders, who live and breathe DeFi. Our collaborative team atmosphere creates an inclusive environment for sharpening existing sector knowledge, and direct contact with senior leadership on strategy and execution.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years of experience working in DeFi, or on a web3 application
- Experience working on a PM team, and background in effective communication to high-priority counterparties
- Extensive relationships in DeFi
- Ability to quickly analyze new product for value add to the Polygon ecosystem