Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
What’s so interesting about this role?
As a Principal Product Manager at Grindr, you will play a critical role in shaping and enhancing our leading LGBTQ+ social networking platform. You will be responsible for driving product strategy, leading cross-functional teams, and delivering exceptional user experiences. This is an exciting opportunity to work on innovative products, leverage cutting-edge technologies, and make a meaningful impact in the LGBTQ+ community.
What’s the job?
- Define and execute the product roadmap, aligning with the company's strategic goals and user needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and data analytics, to successfully deliver product initiatives from ideation to launch.
- Conduct market research, gather user feedback, and analyze data to identify opportunities for product innovation and improvement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize features, establish project timelines, and ensure successful product delivery.
- Monitor key product metrics and performance indicators, conduct A/B tests, and iterate on features to optimize user experiences.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor products, and emerging technologies to drive product innovation.
What we'll love about you
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager, preferably in a consumer-facing mobile app or web platform.
- Strong understanding of product management methodologies, including market research, ideation, user testing, and agile development.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret data to inform product decisions.
- Passion for creating exceptional user experiences and making a positive impact in the LGBTQ+ community.
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience with mobile app development or web-based platforms.
- Familiarity with user-centred design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of LGBTQ+ community dynamics and needs.
- Experience in rapid prototyping and iterative product development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to navigate complex challenges.
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Location: We are looking to hire someone in the Los Angeles or San Francisco areas.