Tremendous is the simplest way for businesses to send people rewards and payouts. It’s fast, free, and global.
There's a long list of use cases that payroll providers aren't equipped to handle: survey incentives, user research incentives, bug bounties, referral promotions, etc. Recipients are all over the world and want to receive rewards instantly according to their own preferences.
The Tremendous platform and API lets organizations handle these one-off payouts. We already work with 10,000+ organizations, including Google, Stripe, Atlassian, Pinterest, and process millions of payouts per year.
Tremendous is ~85 people, highly profitable, and going through a scaling period. We're fully remote, with outstanding benefits and above-market compensation.
We’re looking for a payments-focused PM to join our team. The product team currently consists of our co-founder (who has been a Head of Product in a past role) and three senior PMs.
With ~20 engineers on our team (and growing), product management is becoming a bottleneck in producing high-quality output. We have extensive expansion plans to have 6-7 product squads by the end of the year, and most of them will need a dedicated PM.
As a PM on our banking team, you can expect work on problems associated with account funding, reconciliations, prepaid card infrastructure...just to name a few.
- Manage our product roadmap. You’ll be working with stakeholders to help figure out what to build and when to build it. When there’s uncertainty, you’ll be expected to figure it out and generate clarity for the rest of the team.
- Frame up problems. You’ll be expected to explain what problems we are solving and why. This helps our engineers and designers understand how to solve those problems.
- Conduct research and analysis. In order to frame those problems well, you’ll need to collect supporting evidence–from user interviews, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate without meetings. Tremendous has an async, non-meeting culture. This can be tricky for a PM who has previously been accustomed to doing work in meetings, which is the default at most organizations. Expect to do a lot of writing!
- Persuade with a light touch. Not everyone will agree on priorities; it’s the PM’s responsibility to help drive to a decision in a way that everyone feels included in the process.
- Report back on what’s working. Once we ship, you’ll be responsible for helping the team understand the impact of their work.
- 8+ years building and shipping web applications as a designer, engineer, or product manager at tech companies.
- 5+ years as a PM in startup environments. You've also spent at least 2 years at a growth stage fintech company.
- The ability to take a long-term strategy and a big feature backlog and translate that into roadmaps.
- The ability to manage uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make decisive calls without enough information.
- Empathy for users and a desire to talk to them about their problems.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A light touch and team-first mentality. PMs at Tremendous are not the “CEO of the product” but rather are a supporting function for our builders.
What's cool about the role
- You'll get to work with a top-notch team at Tremendous
- You'll work on a fast growing team. Revenue has tripled over the last year, and the team size has grown quickly, too. Growth means more opportunities to learn and advance
- Competitive pay and benefits. For this role, base salary ranges from $160,000 to $220,000.
- We're a remote company. Work from wherever you want