Bubble’s mission is to enable anybody to create software, even if they don’t know how to code. We feel that with how vital technology is, its creation can’t be restricted to a small number of people with CS degrees or coding backgrounds. Today, we have an industry-leading no-code tool that helps users build VC-backed startups, personal projects, internal company tools and more.
We are looking for an experienced PM to join our Editor team and deliver significant impact to our users and objectives. The Editor is where users actually build their apps - from designing the UI on a WYSIWYG canvas, to writing the business logic and user flows, to defining the database structures. It is thus the very heart and core of the entire Bubble experience. You can think of the Bubble Editor as a combined IDE and programming language in the traditional web development sense. Using this analogy, you will own the visual programming language scope.
Bubble’s visual programming language is a key differentiator from other no-code tools in the market. This is how users express the underlying logic in their applications without needing to use code. Bubble’s visual programming language is a mixture of a few native features - workflows, dynamic expressions, and conditional logic - as well as core design tooling.
Because anything is possible with code, the two big (and fun!) existential questions you’ll be wrestling with are:
- How do you create a visual programming language that is every bit as expressive as code yet way easier to understand and use for technical & non-technical users alike?
- How do you empower users to design beautiful, responsive UIs with no prior design experience - or, satisfy the customization requirements of a professional designer?
First and foremost, you identify strongly with Bubble’s mission and think of yourself as a builder type who is hands-on by nature. We are looking for someone with a technical background (engineering/code, Bubble expertise, etc.) who can “speak the language” of both software engineers and web designers, with prior experience working on a core product team of a complex software product.
- 4+ years experience as a product manager; experience leading team strategy
- Experience delivering user and business impact with a complex product such as a programming language or an editor/creator tool (bonus if in the no-code space!)
- Have owned successful product releases in the past, from large to small, in coordination with Product Marketing
- Possess a technical background. Bubble’s core functionality is complex and requires understanding established programming and web development principles
- Have worked in a pod / squad structure with Engineering and Product Design at a startup of our scale or slightly bigger
- Comfortable with the challenge of prioritizing across a large product surface area to maximize ROI
- Clear communicator, good at building relationships and influence across the org
- Adept at collaborating closely with design and engineering, as well as cross-functionally, to get things done
- Metrics-driven and good at setting clear success metrics to drive impact
- Experience with foundational research in coordination with User Research and Product Data teams and knows how to ask the right questions to get good quantitative and qualitative data
- Proficient in Bubble already, or excited about becoming an expert-level Bubble developer
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
Bubble is remote-friendly, and we have employees who work across the United States. In-office requirements will vary by role. You'll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and are within commuting distance of our office based in Manhattan, NYC.