Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
Coda is looking for a seasoned Growth Product Manager to focus on increasing awareness of Coda, our user base, their usage of the product, and their retention. You will work on features like SEO/SEM systems for lead generation, Machine Learning for Ads targeting, incentives for users to upgrade to our paid plans, new user experience and retention. You'll be enthusiastically metrics focused while driving creative product changes to improve our platform.
At Coda, our Product Managers have a diverse role. That means working with our Engineers, Designers, and our Go-to-Market teams to understand our customers' needs and build a simple yet powerful product. Joining our small PM team early means your fingerprints will be all over the foundation of the product and it's growth. You will report into one of our three PM leads.
In this role you will:
- Help set product strategy and lead teams across multiple functions to provide for our customers
- Work with Data Science and Marketing to understand what's working and not, and why
- Work with Design and Engineering counterparts to learn with customers and ship improvements
- Examine the details of our growth looks, and find opportunities to create metrics. Validate through high velocity experimentation and refinement
- Be a thoughtful team leader and help make your teammates better
- Help direct and conduct customer research and distill analyses to aid product strategy
- Be the voice of the customer or promote others voicing customer needs in product discussions
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Have 6+ years of experience
- Have experience driving product improvements by using all types of learning: user testing, data analysis, A/B testing
- Have experience delivering step changes in metrics through incremental and step change product changes
- Enjoy expressing multiple points of view and facilitating decisions
- Balance design and technical tradeoffs and find creative ways of solving customer needs
- Have experience showcasing an "eye for design" ー building beautiful, simple user experiences in collaboration with designers
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, a desire to listen and understand customers
- Care about teammates and uplift and improve the team and the team's culture