About Journi App
At Journi, our mission is to build the most customer-centric way to hold onto your memories. We leverage the power of massive amounts of data and modern AI to enable people to print their memories as easily as taking pictures using the Journi Print app. The smart algorithm in the Journi apps processes 1,000 photos within less than 30 seconds to find the perfect photo layout. You capture the moments and we enable you to convert these into beautiful print products within seconds. We believe in innovation, collaboration and a future where digital and print go hand in hand to preserve lasting memories. We want to become the leading destination to share and print your moments. We have already inspired more than 5 million users around the globe and established Journi as a key player in a booming market, however, we have only scratched the surface of our potential.
Looking for an opportunity to learn, improve, face challenges, and become an integral part of the product team of a fast-growing startup?
As a product manager with UI/UX skills at Journi, you’ll be a key player in improving and further developing our products across all apps and platforms.
At Journi, a creative tech company, we’re building the #1 most downloaded printing app in the world that allows customers to create beautiful photo books and other print products without effort. Using AI technology, we automatically create personalized designs based on the content our users want to print. Our apps are already used by more than 5 million people, have been featured by Apple and Google over 20,000 times, and covered by the likes of Forbes, the LA Times, and TechCrunch. Help us make it ten million users!
➤ WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work full time (38.5 h/w) and learn from a passionate, motivated and international team with a start-up spirit
- Take over a leading role as product manager by guiding an interdisciplinary product team
- Know all our products by heart as well as our competitors
- Be part of our OKR process and help define reachable key results & product milestones with other managers in the company
- Draft new features or improve existing ones based on:
- customer problems, market research and data
- company needs: goals, vision & budget
- Plan & document those features/experiments
- Also, act as User Interface & User Experience Designer within your cross-functional team
- Gather technical requirements and estimate efforts together with a cross-functional team or tech managers
- Ensure & support the successful execution of the product implementation, report about the project status & analyse the outcome
➤ YOUR BAG OF TRICKS
- Passion for mobile & web technology with a strong interest in photo/printing/blogging apps
- University degree in UI/UX Design, Product Design, Product Management or similar
- Over 4 years of experience, including 1+ years as a Product Manager in digital product management. Previous UX/UI design experience is a must.
- Proven track record of various design projects and/or apps/products that have been developed (portfolio and/or links to projects required to apply)
- Mastery of design & management tools: especially Asana, Confluence, Amplitude, Figma (or similar)
- Ability to lead a team & manage several projects/tasks at once while maintaining a ‘big picture’ perspective
- You’re an EU citizen or have a working visa for Austria (unfortunately we aren’t able to support non-EU citizens for this position)
- You are able to relocate to or are based in Vienna - the world’s most liveable city!
➤ NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT REQUIRED!)
- Cross-platform design experiences: Web, Responsive Web, Android, iOS
- Familiar in creating and maintaining a component design system
- Experience with market research techniques, customer development etc
➤ DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Self-starter with a strong ‘hands-on’ mentality & passion for solving problems
- You are an untiring motivator with the ambition to bring out the best in a product team & inspire others
- You don’t shy away from public speaking, have strong communication and presentation skills
- You are constantly learning, don’t shy away to give and receive feedback, criticize respectfully, you are self-motivated, hungry to succeed and ready to challenge the status quo
➤ WHAT DO WE OFFER
A happy team makes for a happy workplace. We wouldn’t be able to do what we are doing without our team and that’s why we offer:
- A fair annual gross salary in accordance with the Collective Agreement, starting at EUR 52,000. Our final offer depends on your experience and qualifications amongst other factors.
- A bunch of awesome social benefits such as:
- Free yearly public transport card (Wiener Linien)
- Private pension fund and the possibility to take out a favourable private health insurance policy
- In-house weekly German language lessons
- €2,000 personal development budget per employee per year
- Lunch vouchers worth €5,50 per day (useable 1,000+ restaurants across Vienna, as well as our downstairs cantine)
- 25 vacation days per year, plus an extra day of holiday for each year working at Journi!
- Monthly team activities & and
- annual team trip
- to great destinations
- As much as you can drink Italian portafilter coffee and a range of tee options
- Fully functional kitchen in our office with access to healthy and organic foods
- Work in a fun, bright and award-winning office - built by the Journi Team! Including ping-pong and foosball to blow off steam
- High-end computer (Mac) set-up and tools that will make you enjoy getting your work done
- Flexible working hours (with core hours: 10am-4pm Mo-Th; and 10am-2pm on Fr)
- Be part of a team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals who you can learn from and want to learn from you too!
Please include: CV, portfolio and motivation letter in your application :)