Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WePresent is WeTransfer’s digital arts platform, acting as the company’s cultural torchbearer to a monthly audience of 3 million in 190 countries. Collaborating with emerging young talent to renowned artists such as Marina Abramovic, Riz Ahmed, FKA twigs and David Sedaris, WePresent showcases the best in art, photography, film, music, literature and more, championing diversity in everything it does. The platform’s commissions range from editorial features to films, illustrations, photography series, events, exhibitions and social media activations, with an aim to offer a fresh take on the magic and mystery of creative ideas.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager who can deliver both short-term user uplift and longer term strategic growth of our core and emerging products. The ideal candidate knows how to balance the needs of the business with the wants of our customer, and has experience finding creative solutions that deliver on both.
As Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the growth of WeTransfer’s most strategic bets. You’ll represent the voice of the user by mining insights from our customer insights and internal user research team. You’ll collaborate with the product managers and directors to translate those insights into a product roadmap and go to market strategy that delivers long-term value to our customers. In the day-to-day, you’ll lead the execution of the strategy and work collaboratively with colleagues in marketing, product, user research and our data teams to evolve and execute the strategy through product marketing waves that include the launch campaign, always-on marketing across paid, owned and partner channels (including WeTransfer.com, email, wallpapers, social, etc.), lifecycle marketing, and other initiatives that will drive user adoption and growth.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and socialise a product marketing strategy and roadmap for your product area. You’ll review and adapt the strategy on a quarterly basis, incorporating results and learning.
- Focussing on key customer segments like photographers and videographers, be the voice of the WeTransfer user within the company. You’ll leverage your understanding of different user needs and pain points and work with the Product Management team to influence the product roadmap and ensure we are building the right product for the audience.
- Develop the value proposition and positioning of your product. Create the messaging for target audiences, and personalize user journeys. Identify and advocate for growth audiences and other opportunities for growth.
- Manage the strategy, planning, and execution of the collaboration product go-to-market campaigns, working closely with PMMs, marketing channel leads, product leadership, and WeTransfer’s internal creative studio to successfully position and launch product marketing campaigns.
- Define and identify the relationship between your product and monetisation, helping unlock the opportunity for the target audiences to run their own successful businesses or side-gigs, and define and execute growth conversion campaigns to drive subscription sales.
- Partner with Growth Marketing and our internal data teams to identify opportunities and execute strategies for always-on acquisition growth that highlights the proposition for your target user segments.
- Work closely with marketing channel leads (email, social, growth marketing, performance marketing, brand marketing, analytics) to ensure consistent product messaging across each user touchpoint.
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years relevant product marketing experience ideally focused on subscription products
- Experience of creating a product marketing strategy for 1 or more products
- Experience of delivering direct to consumer product marketing campaigns, with some b2b2c or partnerships experience being advantageous
- History of leading successful go-to-market campaigns that drive subscription growth, and / or product growth
- Comfortable putting together a short, medium and long-term strategic roadmap
- Experience of working with finance teams to develop business cases that define targets and ROI
- Experience of managing and delivering GTM campaigns in multiple markets
- Expert in subscription lifecycle and the role product messaging can play throughout
- Experience using data to inform and prioritize strategic decisions
- Experience briefing in and giving feedback to creative teams
- Experience of influencing the development of user journeys based on user segmentation
- You manage to balance the strategic with the tactical, and understand how to implement a longer term strategic vision, by defining the short and mid-term actionable steps to get there.
- You bring a culture of data to your decision making.
- You thrive on collaboration and can build effective workflows and establish alignment between a large number of stakeholders and projects.
- A deep understanding of marketing & sales funnels, growth levers, and a spirit of experimentation.
- Comfortable at operating at any level, you’ll be used to presenting to CEO’s and senior leadership teams to gain backing for your work
- BONUS: Be a creator or entrepreneur yourself.
- A natural collaborator; comfortable being the connector for product, marketing, and creative teams
- Able to get people excited, facilitate consensus and motivate towards a common goal
- Comfort in a fast-paced, experimental environment
- Can balance the strategic needs of the role with the more actionable tactical and implementation needs of the role
- Superb stakeholder management skills; ability to clearly summarize strategies and prioritize feedback
- Clear and concise written and verbal communicator
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Proactively jumps in and takes ownership
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Fluent in English is a must.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.