Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Retool is the fast way to build internal tools. Thousands of companies—like Brex, DoorDash, and Pinterest—use Retool to build custom apps that help them manage drivers, approve loans, and run any process that gets business done. We’ve grown exponentially each year since being founded, but need help reaching millions more developers. That’s where you come in.
The Retool Product Marketing team helps bring customer insights into our product strategy, build and launch products that make our customers successful, and impact the entire product lifecycle. We’re growing our platform and product suite, and we need a great, technical marketer to bring our story to life for developers.
We really like spending time with each other in person and believe in the power of in-person collaboration, creativity, and connection so we have returned in a hybrid capacity to our New York and San Francisco offices 3 days a week.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Establish a developer marketing strategy that helps us build a new category of software development, and influences the audience and priorities for our marketing, product, and developer experience teams.
- Produce creative campaigns and moments, partnered with technical PMs and developer advocates, that capture the hearts and minds of developers and convince them to try our suite of products.
- Drive the full cycle of product marketing, from informing product strategy to building GTM strategies, creating major launch moments to driving long-term adoption for our core app building and AI products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, competitive research, and a real understanding of how our most technical products actually work
- Become one of the biggest advocates for developer experience—advocating for existing and prospective users.
- Keep a pulse on our competitive landscape (including building software from scratch) and become the go-to expert for your audience to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, engineering, sales, design, PR, and the rest of the marketing org—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products.
- Collaborate with our GTM enablement teams to create a cohesive and clear message for developers, whether they’re browsing our website or getting a product demo.
THE SKILLSET YOU'll BRING:
- 5+ years experience in Marketing or a technical role
- Experience marketing highly technical products and technical fluency. You’re passionate about technology, how things work, and breaking down technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand.
- Data-oriented curiosity—you have a track record of digging into the data and qualitative customer insights to drive decisions forward
- A degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with experience writing for technical audiences
- Excellent project management skills, with an uncanny ability to keep multiple work streams and cross-functional partners and vendors in sync around timelines
- Strong sense of curiosity and first principles thinking—bring your intuition, but leave behind any playbooks
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.