GoodNotes was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable handwritten notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users. We are just getting started. Join us to reimagine what productivity suite will look like with digital pen and paper.
Dream big — Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things — Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
Take ownership — Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team — Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast — Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion — Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
📍Location: Hong Kong.
About the team:
You will be joining a newly-formed team at GoodNotes called "Content Store & Appealing Notebooks", which is focused on growth & monetization. This team builds on one of GoodNotes' core strengths: creating visually appealing notebooks with top-notch handwriting technology. The team works together to create the best digital paper marketplace and continually innovate on ways to enhance the aesthetic note-taking experience, aligning with the broader company's strategic initiatives.
Our team is spread between Asia and Europe. You’re welcome to work remotely from anywhere, with at least 2-3 hours overlap with with the people you’d be working closely with, or you can join us in our Hong Kong or London office. Due to the asynchronous nature of working that GoodNotes has adopted, any time difference will not impact your work-life balance.
About the role:
This is a role that blends in design and business. You will be the founding designer on a new content store and appealing notebooks team and will contribute to growth strategy by partnering closely with PMs, marketing, engineers and product analysts.
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Design user-centric experiences that drive sustainable growth and engagement of GoodNotes’ user base
- Ideate and design UI flows to increase conversions and drive more optimal growth loops
- Involve in product experimentation by formulating different design variations based on hypotheses
- Shape product strategy through design thinking and user insights
- Develop an understanding of the "why’s" behind GoodNotes’ funnel or loops to fuel new solutions
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and considered design decisions
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Minimum 2 years of product design experience preferably in software design, including working on growth initiatives and designing experiments
- Proven ability to frame problems, excellent visual design skills, and a good understanding of product analytics
- Experience in providing design inputs to optimise conversion
- Ability to balance vision with iteration, to make tradeoffs and get the right user experience to market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, thrive in ambiguity, and take initiative to solve problems
What else would help you, but not required
- Experience of working in a marketplace / eCommerce company
- Experience in contributing to and maintaining growth experiment backlogs
- Knowledge in data analysis such as GSheet, Advanced Excel and Amplitude
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! GoodNotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- A two hour video call with 2 of our designers. Half will be a collaborative whiteboarding exercise and the other half will be a deeper dive into your design experience. You will also have time to ask any questions you’d like
- A call with your hiring manager. This is the person who will be managing you day to day, working on your growth and development with you as well as support you throughout your career at GoodNotes
- A call to meet the team. You will get the chance to speak to 2 or 3 people you’d be working closely with. This will be a 45 minute interview focused more on your culture fit with GoodNotes.
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents