Our unique design process, coupled with our alignment to business strategy and technology, results in truly collaborative, intimate partnerships. Our renewed approach allows for beautifully distinct design solutions for our clients, and flies in the face of the wasteful “agency” model.
We are known for design. Design is what we create, what our clients receive, and what their customers experience. And yet, what we do is so much more than that- it is the uniting of design, technology, and strategy. It is a proprietary blend of fundamental best-practices with a flair for what’s new, trending, and intriguing. Our designs push the bounds of beauty without compromise to their effectiveness or performance, an ideal recipe for our clients who demand both.
We believe in a platform for nurturing creative talent and collaborating with clients that desire to evolve and transform their businesses. While our home base is located in Seattle, Washington, we know nothing replaces solving problems face-to-face, which is why we have team members in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Vancouver, and frequently find us on a video-conference, and at least one of us in an airport. We can’t wait to work alongside you, so let’s talk.
--- US-Based Candidates Only---
The Senior Digital Designer (contract) is an interactive designer with extensive experience in branded e-commerce design. Specifically on the Shopify platform. In close partnership with our clients, they bring their brands to life in the digital space in collaboration with our Design Directors, UX leads, visual designers, strategists, writers, and project managers. The right candidate is capable of working with a team of diverse but like-minded creatives translating strategy briefs into stunning brand story-telling experiences, and pushing the boundaries of what a web experience can be.
Senior Interactive Designers at Elva
- Use Figma exclusively to create and utilize styleguides, modular systems, grids, auto-layout & prototyping without issue and is capable of bringing high fidelity to our designs through motion explorations and micro animations.
- Show exceptional proficiency in commerce, branding, concepting, motion design, and creating high level presentations including prototypes for clients.
- Demonstrate outstanding proficiency in client presentations by thoroughly and empathetically explaining design choices. Utilize brand emotion and storytelling to create a compelling narrative.
- Has professional empathy toward clients, protecting their brands while elevating them through top-tier execution and designs from an audience perspective.
- Brings an acute attention to detail in how they approach their work. E.g. organization of their files, grid structure, styleguide linking, alignment, composition, follow through on feedback etc.
- Must be able to pass down and disseminate creative direction among their design team and execute on the vision of their creative lead. Possess the ability to provide and receive considerate, actionable feedback.
- Understands the development implications of their designs with regard to the platform being designed for.
- Capable of iterating and improving design solutions based on a data driven approach.
- Has full control and understanding of design principles across visual & ux, ADA implications and how to apply them.
- Able to proactively move design work forward under their own initiative and can work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Takes a human-centric approach to their projects by evaluating the needs of users, customers or audiences in all of their work.
- Support at any level of the design process such as concepting, qa, module and style guide creation.
- Is a natural collaborator by actively working with their peers, bringing new ideas and POVs to the table.
- Builds strong relationships and actively seeks feedback on work to help validate and improve the quality.
A senior interactive designer that brings amazing ideas to projects of every size in the digital commerce space and beyond. These brilliant ideas are created for every partner we work with across industries, from beauty to travel and beyond. This involves due diligence and deep collaboration with our visual, ux, and operations teams. Our senior designer is an essential part of our creative team and delivers beautiful work that helps bring our client’s brands to life.
- 5-8 years experience in eCommerce design, branding and digital.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual design or other related field with a mastery of design principles across visual & ux.
- Experience designing for Shopify and SFCC.
- A team player that enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that is comfortable receiving and giving feedback on design concepts.
- An effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator that can vocalize their design thinking and decision making process to their peers and partners in an organized and professional manner.
- Deep understanding of working with creative briefs, budgeted time and deadlines.
- Desire to stay current on best practices, with a mindset to constantly evolve as technology and user trends change in the e-commerce space and in partner industries.
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with peers and clients online, utilizing tools such as Zoom, Slack, Figma, and Google Hangouts.
- Hands-on design contributor with a bold portfolio that showcases recent work, illustrating your processes of taking ideas from concept to completion.
- Strong proficiency in Figma is a must.
We are a fully remote team with team members across the US and Canada.
About the role
- This role will report directly to one of our design leads.
- This is a part-time or full-time contract position.