About Angel Studios
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of “Angel” investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projects—The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy—have earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
Angel Studios seeks a Senior Product Designer to lead design initiatives, fostering innovation and championing changes that amplify light and enhance user experiences. In this role, you'll guide your team in transforming complex challenges into intuitive solutions, driving the creative vision forward. Your leadership will not only shape captivating interfaces but also embody our commitment to uplifting and inspiring our audience through every interaction. Join us to lead with creativity, drive meaningful change, and play a vital role in our mission to illuminate the entertainment landscape.
Expectations at Angel Studios:
- Amplify light in every action.
- Know your customer - it might be our viewers, investors, creators, or internal Angel Teams. Ensure you understand your customer and are providing what THEY need and not just what you want to build by interviewing them at least once a month.
- Give consistent and timely candid feedback with compassion - your team members need to know where they stand at all times. If you find yourself doubting a team member, address it swiftly with actionable feedback.
- Contributes in a way that moves the Angel mission forward and exemplifies the team qualities required for working at Angel.
- When faced with roadblocks, mistakes or unforeseen circumstances, consistently and proactively find creative solutions and/or break down barriers to handle the challenge or complication. (Focus is on creating/building/testing/learning/resolution rather than getting stuck and identifying or placing blame).
- Clearly understand how to utilize and apply network effects.
- As the owner of your outcomes, you are empowered to break down silos and coordinate with any and all people you need in order to reach your goals.
- You are ultimately responsible for achieving the outcomes while also using resources wisely - whether that be money, people, or time
- Strategically think through product with the experience understanding product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Design how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs and applicable user research.
- Utilize prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- Lead end to end design process across multiple projects that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Must attend and contribute to regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in the English language required. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- A maverick of several different web design disciplines across marketing, watch experience, blogs, and other online mediums.
- You are the leader of design for your team. You are responsible for initiating design objectives, and championing an elevated experience for our users.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A master of Figma, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Strong understanding of design systems and design tokens.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details.
- Organization and time management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity.
- The ability to mentor and guild one mid-level Product Designer on your team.
- Willing to perform an array of tasks both in and out of the office.
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions.
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs.
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives.
- Ability to take individual ownership, execute with high energy, share context, insist on candor with positive intent.
- Possess a strong knowledge of various streaming platforms.
- Ability to assist in coordinating, updating, and managing design system components that are adopted into production.
Required education and experience
- 7+ years experience in product design.
Preferred education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience as Sr. UX Designer or similar position.
$121,000 - $160,000 a year