We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone. MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world. Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 20,000,000 monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
- Build a great design team: Support the existing design leaders, help them create a scaffolding for the growth and excellence for designers at all levels, and hire great designers across disciplines like product design, visual design, content design and design research. Build a strong trusted relationship with every member of the design team, and help them cultivate trust with each other in turn. Maximize the rate of growth of every team member.
- Design great ways of building: Help design leaders run projects smoothly, even when uncertainty and tight timelines turn up the pressure. Support each designer’s decisions about how to allocate their time and attention, and earn the trust to make the call when needed. Improve team process, tooling, and culture in ways that help every member of the team evangelize human-centered design across MetaMask, Consensys and the Web3 Community. Cultivate high-signal, timely, and diverse feedback loops between designers and users.
- Visualize “Great design” at MetaMask: Help existing design leaders, and their counterparts across other key functions, articulate design quality standards in ways that both align our aspirations, and enable our practical day-to-day work. Communicate these standards in documentation, conversation, memes and work systems. Make them like the water we swim in.
Design tactics and planning:
- Ensures the execution of the design strategy, priorities, and roadmap are executed within timelines and to design quality standards.
- Coordinates design work across multiple working groups - product designers, content designers, design system team, and researchers.
- Works with Design Leads to coordinate designers and design allocation across teams - extension, mobile, snaps, brand design, external teams (swaps, onramp, privileged dapps, MMI etc)
Project and people management:
- Works closely with product and project managers to estimate and allocate designers time on projects and monitors status and completion.
- Track open design issues across teams/platforms and collaborate with Design Leads and PMs ensure work is delegated and monitored.
- Leads hiring/firing/promotions/demotions with involvement/input from Design Leads.
- Communicates design strategy to external stakeholders.
- Thoughts partners to design leads - helping identify the right problems to solve, prioritize and delegate work, solve for big design problems, and help them do their best work
- Manager to design lead.
- Collaborates with Design Leads and Program Managers to identify, iterate on, and document internal design processes, tooling, and documentation and operational aspects that keep the team running efficiently.
- Collaborates with Design Leads to improve the collaboration and handoff process - iterating on and documenting process between product design, research, content strategy, marketing, and engineering.
- Considers the designer experience of MetaMask across the entire designer journey from recruiting to off-boarding.
- Articulates and evangelizes design values across the design team and organization.
- Defines and builds a strong design culture and facilitates design rituals and team building experiences (design huddle, off-sites, etc).
About ConsenSys Software
ConsenSys Software is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.