Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Pexels & Canva
Pexels became part of the Canva family of brands in 2019 after being recognized by Canva’s founders as an incredible source for high quality free imagery. Pexels images can easily be found directly within Canva, amplifying the Pexels community by having their work seen, loved and used by millions of Canva designers around the world. While Pexels is owned by Canva, the Pexels team operates as a separate business unit with some areas of work and projects overlapping. The majority of the team is a global, remote workforce however this is a UK based employment position.
Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved and fastest growing creative communities in the world. We give photographers a huge audience and help millions of creators to easily source the content they require to create beautiful products and designs. Pexels is one of the most upvoted products of all time on Product Hunt. Among our millions of users are people from the greatest brands and companies in the world like Forbes, Buzzfeed and Facebook.
Our mission is creative freedom: free and unrestricted access to all the creative ingredients that the world needs to build amazing things.
We're looking for a storyteller, a creative, and a well-rounded content marketer to join Pexels to lead our content marketing and brand efforts. If joining a successful remote company with the opportunity to grow, do career-defining work, and leave your mark excites you, then keep reading.
Everyday at Pexels, exciting things are happening to our contributors — from their photos reaching millions of views, making the cover of an article on Forbes, all the way to exciting photo meetups all over the world. We are surrounded by opportunities to tell those stories, highlight the people in them, make them feel special, and inspire others to join Pexels.
That is where you come in. To build and manage a team that leverages what is already happening and turns it into the content and stories that define our brand.
What you'll do:
- Deeply understand the Pexels contributor, uncovering insights and stories.
- Build, execute, measure, and optimize Pexels content strategy
- Manage and build a small but mighty team responsible for social media, content creation, and distribution.
- Collaborate with the community team to find and tell their local stories.
- Work with lifecycle marketing and product messaging to bring the stories and tone into our day-to-day communications with people.
- What you'll bring:
- You have experience managing and building small content teams.
- You are a storyteller — not only do you know how to tell stories, but you can also find and create them.
- You have experience creating or managing the creation of content in written, video, graphic and audio forms.
- You have a pulse on culture and understand how to use different distribution channels, content types, and social media platforms.
- You know how to use limited resources to create something relevant and have a big impact on.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
- Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
- Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families