At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in ourRecruitment FAQs.
Hotjar is the leading solution for product teams who want to go beyond traditional web and product analytics so they can empathize with and understand their users—to connect the dots between what's happening and why it happens, so people can improve their user experiences and create customer delight.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for our next product designer to help shape the strategic direction of impactful, cross-platform work. Of course, that comes with designing simple, engaging experiences and iteratively improving the user journey. We appreciate designers who think in systems, are eager to validate their work, can communicate effectively, and love to give and receive feedback.
Product designers at Hotjar dig deep into problem spaces and opportunities, so you'll collaborate with folks in many teams and departments to shape solutions or introduce new capabilities.
In this specific role, you'll report to the Product Design Lead and be part of the Cross-sell squad. Working closely with product managers, UX researchers, designers, and engineers focused on stuff like growth, monetization, and some things we can't say out loud yet.
As a product designer, you will:
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into simple and engaging user interfaces that satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into high-fidelity visual composites with attention to interaction design, following style and brand guidelines.
- Work within a multidisciplinary product team, leading the design process, facilitating design discussions, and validating product/experience changes.
- Produce and impress customers with engaging first-time experiences; impact our activation customer rate.
- Work on transversal initiatives to create a consistent experience across the Hotjar product portfolio.
- Share ideas, successes, and knowledge to build trust and extend the reach of the discipline overall.
We’re excited to work with someone who:
- Knows how to analyze a problem, consider research and data, then propose and deliver a solution
- A proven track record for building and testing delightful products and user experiences
- Prototype ideas quickly and iterate using tools such as Figma, Framer, Principle, etc.
- A mindset that thinks big and starts small
- Collaborate effectively with engineers
Some other requirements you should know about:
- Hotjar is big on values. You should want to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment and be excited to follow the company values,culture, andways of working
- You’ll have to complete a background check. It’s confidentially processed by a third-party partner
The compensation range for this role is €65,000 and €85,000 annually, where the offer typically falls in the range of €70,000 and €80,000.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.