About Lottie Lab
Our mission is to democratise motion design for everyone, everywhere. To create a world of storytellers and make the web more fun through animations!
- We have started by helping product folks (mainly designers, devs and marketers) create more magical digital experiences for their users using animations.
- We do this through a super easy-to-use animation editor that lets users create Lottie animations from scratch, and edit them collaboratively from within the browser.
- This allows our customers to get all the benefits of their animations as code instantly, particularly performance and interactivity, without needing to code.
- From the Duolingo app characters to the slick animations on websites like Apple or Stripe, the use of animations to delight users is rapidly growing! It is no longer a differentiator, people expect delightful UX. We are the tool enabling this future.
✅ What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a motion designer with solid grasp of UX and community growth. Someone who is comfortable working end to end and can adapt to different stakeholder needs.
✏️ How you work:
Our Content Experience Designers are unicorn creatives who work across understanding user needs and use-cases, crafting delightful animations and aligning the outcomes with community growth and engagement.
Do you love creating beautiful and engaging animated content that solve user problems, gives them superpowers and helps them delight their own users through animations, but don't want to be limited by your title? If so, we'd love to have you! Our Content Experience Designer role leaves you free to be creative and not feel that your role is limited to one language. We build our teams around solving customer problems, not around a specific skills or stacks.
💥 Product Passion:
Does the idea of interactive animations and storytelling products excite you? Do you love beautiful design? Have you ever worked with animated graphics? Whether that's motion design, gaming, stop motion, or frame by frame animation, we'd love to hear from you!
✅ What does this role look like:
You'll align with the product team and our community to design new animation templates from start to finish: through conception, user research, creation, implementation and tracking engagement with these templates by our users. For example, you might notice a high demand for product onboarding animations based on user requests and market trends, conduct some user research into user challenges and usecases for these animations and finish with creating and tracking the impact of these templates in making lives easier for users who want to edit their own versions of it.
You'll work across the entire user journey and funnel, and leverage the use of animated content to increase user engagement and conversion through this process. For example, you might create animations for the website or launch a series of high-quality animation templates on Product Hunt sequentially to attract users to the product, or activate and retain users that are already signed up through easy-to-edit animation templates.
You'll be a motion designer with a UX hat on, always keeping the user and growth at the centre of your processes and aligning with the vision of the product team, being data-informed and have a flair for creating amazing motion assets. You'll thoroughly understand the role great animation templates have in our product activation, ease-of-use and value.
✅ Skills we love in our team:
Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
Scrappy and Experimentation-driven: You understand that sometimes the best way to figure out a solution is to be scrappy and create multiple versions of it. You thrive in testing various hypothesis live with users, learn and iterate quickly towards a high-quality solution.
Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
Familiarity with the Product (and design tooling): You understand how parts of our products fit together—from motion design to UX, and aligning with product development teams to help users achieve their goals.
Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and tools are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
✅ Skills top candidates may have:
We are not restrictive regarding familiarity with specific technologies. Your attitude towards, and aptitude for learning new skills is disproportionately more important. Given all the skills we outlined above align with you, experience in the following areas may allow you to get comfortable with our work more easily:
- Background as a motion designer or animator
- Background or understanding of Product/ UX design.
- Strong illustration background
- Familiarity with SVG animations
- Flair for community engagement and educating audiences (YouTube videos, forums, social engagement, Slack, Reddit, Discord etc)
✅ What we offer
- Salary of $60k-$85k depending on experience
- Equity of 0.1%-0.4%
- Fully remote working environment
- Fully expensed quarterly off-sites so you can meet the team face to face and bond with your colleagues
- Work from home allowance, and tech/ software you need to allow you to work your best