Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s experts to offer live courses directly to their students. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and more. We've launched hundreds of successful courses and helped instructors of all backgrounds make a living teaching the things they know best.
Remote (Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones)
What You’ll Do
You will be a core member of the product team, designing experiences end-to-end, shaping our roadmap and culture, and building the largest marketplace of cohort-based courses on the Internet.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to understand user needs and define product requirements
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing designs using wireframes, user journeys, cross-platform interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Conduct customer research and usability testing to validate design concepts and gather feedback
- Partner with engineers and others to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Evolve and contribute to Maven design systems and brand guidelines
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members across disciplines, and effectively speak to process, goals, and team vision
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in product/UX/UI design
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work for web and mobile products
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading design efforts for complex products and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with conducting user research and usability testing
- High proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Maven uses Figma)
- Experience maintaining and contributing to design systems
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, and experience working with engineering teams to ensure accurate implementation of designs
What We Value
We’re a small team and you’ll undeniably shape our culture. We value candidates who:
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Think and act like an owner
- Communicate openly and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $140,000 - $180,000 USD. Candidates must be authorized to work in North America without the need for current or future company sponsorship.
Maven provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Multiple offsites each year
- Parental leave
- 100% remote
- Diverse and passionate team
- Unlimited PTO (3 weeks minimum)
- Free access to top Maven courses
- Home office stipend
If you are passionate about creating meaningful experiences and shaping the future of education, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and help us revolutionize the way people teach, learn and grow.
We're a fully remote company with employees in New York, Toronto, Austin, the Bay Area, and beyond. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.