About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
Epic is looking for passionate Senior UI Artists, ranging from mid level-level to experienced Seniors, to join our team working on a new game in the Epic ecosystem. In this position, you will collaborate with UX designers to design features and UX/UI systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems, and style guides. You will work closely with and assist the UI technical designers and UI Engineers as they build your designs into rapid prototypes and shippable UI to players.
In this job, the artist will have the ability to take wireframes and bring them to life while improving the UX with visuals. The artist will also implement mockups in Unreal Editor using UMG, animations, material effects, etc. The ideal candidate will be able to apply our current art style while also helping to push and define it.
In this role, you will
- Create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements that compliment what the rest of the team is creating.
- Work to design solutions for a diverse range of platforms.
- Level up the visual quality of Fortnite’s UI, brand, and style.
- Work across the Fortnite UX/UI discipline to define, maintain, and evolve the tools, processes, and communication around asset management.
- Create complex materials that are used by UI to achieve motion graphics.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- A strong portfolio showing your work and insight into your process. Your work should show your ability to balance contrast, hierarchy, alignment, color, and composition into quality visual and interactive designs.
- You are highly proactive and able to work autonomously, but really enjoy collaborating as part of a high performing team.
- You have the ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes.
- You have a passion for making and playing games and have a strong sense of player empathy
- A collaborative, team player with experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
- You have worked on 2+ AAA game titles.
- Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range