Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Helping to guide your team and partners through a complex problem space by focusing on our internal and external user needs, as well as our strategic priorities as a business.
- Using your UI and interaction design skills to build experiences that will empower our specialists.
- Creating flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams, and you’ll be sweating the details to keep Canva’s quality bar high in everything you create.
- Connecting and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders from both inside and outside your supergroup, building alignment and securing agreement on your team’s ideas and direction.
- Working within a close-knit design team and contributing to building our design culture within the User Voice supergroup.
You're probably a match if
- You’re a mid-level Product Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- You’re interested in the interplay of support processes, systems, and operations to inform product design. Previous work that demonstrates a solid understanding of service design is a bonus.
- You're excited by the opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing and critical function of Canva. You recognise the impact that can come from internal enhancements and you are excited to work in an internal enablement domain. You are in touch with the audience you are building for (specialists/agents) and seek to understand their goals and challenges.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders and bring people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge!
- You know how to prioritise ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
About the Group
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and chat experience.
About the Team
Our Specialist Support Experience team is part of our Global User Voice Enablement Group. Its mission is to empower our Customer Happiness Team (CHT) and external partners by building the right tools and systems to deliver exceptional support at scale. This includes our internal support portal and other support systems such as Zendesk. This is a fairly new team, so you will play a key role in designing what the future of support experience looks like.