Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Designer Experience team responsible for building and investing in the design capabilities of our core product to empower millions of designers worldwide to easily adopt Webflow to build, manage and scale any number of sites efficiently. As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll drive discovery, research, and ideation, as well as partner closely with engineering and product management to plan and execute on exciting new product experiences in Webflow.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $151,000 - $208,000 for most US locations and $168,000 - $231,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Director of Product Design
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll …
- Define, drive, and review the most complex and mission-critical company projects for our core product, Designer, by delivering end-to-end product experiences of core features and product systems.
- Build key partnerships and communicate cross functional design strategies and visions across multiple pillars.
- Drive simplicity in the product information architecture to enable users to ship complex websites and experiences with Webflow.
- Continually elevate the craft of design at Webflow and be a thought leader for high impact design decisions, mentoring fellow designers.
- Transform the design organization by promoting the value of design across engineering, product, and design in ways that enable designers to thrive and innovate at Webflow.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Product Designer if you:
- Have experience in making a high impact in complex and ambiguous problem spaces
- Demonstrate a history of shipping products with a high bar for craft and elegantly creating simple software user interface solutions that scale
- Demonstrate impact spanning multiple teams and organizations
- Demonstrate effective partnerships with engineering, product and other cross functional partners across multiple product surface areas
- Can communicate, design, and document thoughtfully with specific audiences in mind
- Continuously uplevel design’s impact on the business through your work and through mentorship
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers