Dovetail is the world’s leading customer insights hub, helping thousands of teams build better products. From user feedback and customer interviews to support tickets and sales calls, Dovetail helps you uncover insights fast—no matter the method. Driven by ambition and innovation, the Dovetail team is customer-obsessed and on a mission to help the world improve the quality of every thing. Join the ranks of Atlassian, The New York Times, Spotify, Universal, Porsche, Starbucks, and thousands more as they put their customer first with Dovetail and improve the quality of their thing.
We’re building a team of incredibly talented product designers. At Dovetail, designers are accountable for crafting experiences, interactions, and solutions that improve the product for our customers, and drive user adoption. Designers play a major role in the facilitation and execution of solutions, from concept to implementation, and drive UX and visual design, research, ideation, prototyping, conceptual modeling, testing, and validation.
We’re looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the design process, with great attention to detail, to create experiences that reflect our incredibly high quality bar.
What you’ll do
- Advocate for the end user. Naturally, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Deeply understand customer needs, perspectives and goals, by talking to customers regularly, getting involved in research initiatives, running your own evaluative testing, participating in our community, and responding to customer feedback. Use design methods like personas, journey maps, etc to build a shared understanding of the customer with your team.
- Design solutions across our product experience. Balance customer problems with business goals and technical constraints, and utilize skills across research, user experience, interaction, and visual design to design solutions. Take a collaborative and iterative approach to make solutions stronger.
- Contribute to our product vision. Facilitate input from engineers, product managers, leadership, and other designers, and take a journey-based approach to designing the end state. Work with your product team to pragmatically prioritize and scope work.
- Pair closely with engineers. Sweat the details on the implementation of designs to ensure a high quality product experience.
- Contribute to our design system. Work closely with designers and engineers to create and evolve patterns and components to be shared across different parts of the product experience.
- Contribute to our design team culture. We’re a small but rapidly growing design team. Some things that re top of mind include how we scale our design rituals and design system, how we maintain our high quality bar as the product team grows, how we work on cross-product problems, and pair on problems together.
- Strong design experience. Experience as a professional product designer, working with sophisticated, modern, B2B, cloud software.
- Breadth of skills across the design process. Including experience with carrying out product discovery, confident in visualising and prototyping design concepts to quickly communicate and iterate on ideas with stakeholders, and delivering detailed solutions.
- Excellent communication. Ability to convey opinions, thoughts, and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers. Honest, thoughtful, and transparent communication is critical.
- Attention to detail. You have a high quality bar and will be constantly looking at enhancing the experience for customers. We aren't opposed to pushing pixels and sweating the details – we're a detailed-oriented company that values quality!
- Pragmatism. Comfortable with ambiguity, and shifting deadlines. Resourcefully solve problems, and able to make pragmatic trade-offs while holding a bigger, strategic goal in mind.
- Highly collaborative working style. Experience working closely with adjacent roles, such as product managers and engineers, to plan, prioritise, and deliver projects.
- Stakeholder management. Confident in communicating product and design visions, framing challenges and opportunities, to stakeholders with the purpose of creating alignment, and driving towards an outcome.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup. This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting journey from the very start.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our careers page for more info!