About Savage Games
Savage games were formed in 2020 by industry veterans from studios such as ; Rockstar, Insomniac, Supercell, Wargaming and Rovio. In 2022 we joined Playstation, making Savage the founding studio of the PlayStation Studios Mobile Division.
Our Mission is to make action games with epic stories to foster lasting connections with players around the world. We’re fearlessly exploring bold new ideas with the aim to make high-quality, visually stunning games for mobile devices.
Savage is currently looking for a Design Director on a brand new AAA IP for PlayStation Mobile. As a Design Director at Savage you will report to the Game Director. Using your passion and knowledge for designing player experiences you will have a big impact on the creative vision and success of the game. Owning all design areas of the game you will set the design vision with the Game Director and other craft directors. You will lead the design team to determine and design in detail mechanics and systems to meet that vision.
Savage Game Studios is a member of the PlayStation family.
- Work with the Game Director and other craft directors to set the design vision and ensure that it fits the game vision
- Lead the design team to success by mentoring their growth and performance
- Support the design team to deliver the highest quality achievable within budget and time constraints
- Work with product management to collect feedback from the team and players to ensure the experience matches player expectations and motivations
- Champion designs across the team and to establish a good knowledge of the intent
- Work with product management to keep an eye on the competition to stay up to date with game design innovations
- A minimum of 7 years experience in game design roles
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Experience in 3D action games
- Experience in mobile games
- Experience in free to play games
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in social systems and mechanics
- Experience in mobile action or RPG games
- Experience in free to play monetization
Why you should join Savage Game Studios
- You’ll be joining our journey at an early stage where your voice will have a big impact
- You’ll be a part of a rock-solid team of artists, programmers and developers
- You’ll work in an environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution
- We are ambitious and always strive to lift each other to full potential
- We love to play and develop games. In addition to playing games in our free time, every Friday afternoon at Savage is dedicated to playing games that inspire us
- Our studios are conveniently located in the downtowns of Helsinki and Berlin.
- Our international team values individuality and diversity - no matter who you are or where you're from, you can find a home at Savage
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and great benefits