About Pocket Network
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol, with support for dozens of the major Web3 networks and billions of weekly relays.
We are looking for someone who is a seasoned people manager, operations oriented, and is passionate about Blockchain infrastructure. They will lead Pocket Network’s growth initiatives, carve out strategic business lines for the Pocket Network, and be a key voice on our team to ensure that our App Developer support is the best-in-class.
The ideal candidate operates like many of our Web3 friends do; they’re deeply curious about all corners of Web3, passionate about the principles of open-source, and have an obsessive attention to detail.
Because Pocket Network is chain-agnostic node infrastructure that supports many different ecosystems, you’ll need to get comfortable with a breathtaking breadth of knowledge and become an inspirational voice for the Web3 ecosystem. Specifically, the Demand Team is half of the Marketplace vertical working alongside the Supply Team.
What you’ll be doing:
People Management - be responsible for the collective output from a small team of Individual Contributors with the objective of protocol growth via our Demand channels (i.e. relationships with Blockchain Core Teams, decentralized Applications, and ecosystem developers). In particular, the Demand Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Leading cross-functional stakeholders to define the Demand Teams mission statement, objectives, roadmap and headcount needs
- Having the opportunity to run their own team of 2-4 business development representatives that have already been hired, and working with them to ensure their success
- Sharing hand-in-hand success with the Supply Lead to lead in parallel to meet Marketplace needs
Strategy Ops – organize, communicate and create cross-stakeholder relationships with key players in the Blockchain infrastructure space. There are a variety of key relationships that Pocket Network are building in the industry and this role is about defining those relationships and creating value for the Pocket DAO. In particular, the Demand Team Lead will be responsible on:
- Creating concrete projects with goal setting, milestones and timelines that bring value to the Pocket Marketplace Team
- Leading strategy sessions for PocketDAO leadership and other industry player leadership
- Displaying quantitative expertise by modeling out marketplace effects and how they positively/adversely impact Pocket’s economic flywheel
Business Development – The Demand Team Lead will be Pocket Network’s point of contact for sales at-large. In particular, the Demand Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Enterprise level support for certain Applications that have unique specifications
- Designing a scalable model with the Developer Relations team to establish a healthy equilibrium of App stakes/user support in the Pocket Network
- Designing a scalable model with the Marketing and Community team to establish a consistent and comprehensive funnel for the user’s lifecycle
- Owning the ups and downs that come with the sales and support cycle, and being accountable to Leadership and the Community the growth levels and trajectory
- Experience as a People Manager at a mid-level capacity
- Has been accountable for a sales pipeline that represents millions of dollars of revenue in the software industry
- High-performance track record of Operations expertise in a collaborative setting
- This includes proven success using CRM and Lead Generation tools
- Has professional experience working alongside w/ or directly been a Software Engineer, DevOps Professional or Systems Administrator
- Professional Experience as a Technical Project Manager at a tech or Web3 company
- Personal Experience contributing to DAOs, especially the PocketDAO
- Can access raw data via relational databases by writing SQL queries
- Has the ability to understand, write, and debug code
- Data-driven with the ability to address complex business problems with clear evidence to support different points of view
- Attention to detail and well-versed in project management best practices
- Clear communicator that can guide both internal and external senior leadership
- Technical knowledge of Blockchain principles, DevOps best practices, and systems designs
- Can toggle between leader, teammate, steward, community member.
- Would be doing this anyway in Web3 communities or, even better, already is.
What we are offering:
- $90k-130k USD Salary + POKT incentive package, depending on experience.
- Healthcare/Benefits, all that jazz.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Opportunities to travel the world and explore digital nomad lifestyles.
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from anyone in our network.
- A team that feels like a family.
- Many challenges to keep you engaged.