About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have three amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT/SFT game items.
- Niftyswap, the decentralized marketplace—powered by Sequence—that makes trading semi-fungible tokens (SFTs) instant and secure. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. And, Niftyswap is poised to become the premiere marketplace for trading SFTs, web3 game and metaverse items. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Coinbase, Initialized, BITKRAFT, DCG, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
We’re looking for an experienced Video Producer to join our Marketing team and help take our content to the next level! As part of our Marketing team, you will produce videos for all channels and platforms where we have a presence, in various formats. You will fulfill all video content needs for Sequence, and from time to time, Skyweaver and Horizon. You will be an essential part of the Marketing team as all videos and content with video footage that the team needs will fall under your care and responsibility.
You will be part of a collaborative team working cross functionally with the dev, product, business development, and community teams. As video producer, you will be a creative problem solver who manages all elements of a video's pre-production, production and post-production process, including planning, scheduling, and overseeing post-production tasks like editing and video animation. You will strategically combine design elements to develop aesthetically appealing videos, advertisements, social media posts, and animated graphics.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will collaborate with creative agencies to help you with the production of a video, including and not limited to: script writing, capture video footage, consult on art direction, produce bespoke animations, and graphic design.
If you’re an experienced Video Producer with expert video editing skills and love working on bleeding edge products that will change the world, we want to hear from you!
As a Video Producer you will:
- Execute video projects from concept to delivery. This includes creating the script and shot list, taking care of footage capture and simple animations, sourcing music, video editing, creating final deliverables, and archiving projects
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Produce videos ranging from major trailers to dev diaries to short social spots
- Design motion graphics for videos (transitions, text slates and overlay, lower thirds, etc), and work with our agencies to create more complex bespoke animations and graphic designs
- Conceptualize marketing videos about technical and abstract product features in order to deliver on a message effectively
- Capture quality game footage for promotional videos from a variety of games from our partners
- Capture walkthroughs of our product in-action to produce demos and instructional how-to videos (ex: straight capture of the Sequence Wallet, or for technical instructions of other products, direct agencies on capturing technical product demos)Use captured footage of technical walkthrough videos to create compelling and exciting videos summarizing main points for social media platforms
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine the purpose of a video, then develop a plan to accomplish those goals through capturing footage, animation, and editing
- Support the Marketing team in planning, conceptualizing, and producing video content for all our digital marketing channels
- Work closely with the Marketing and BD teams to understand what video and still images need to be captured in order to fulfill content needs
- Demonstrate creative thinking to produce new ideas and concepts
- Develop cinematic creative vision and communicate that vision to the team
- Be curious to learn about new products, technologies, and how they are used to help with video conception and ideas
- Have an eye for composition and cinematography
- Assist with other video production tasks, such as recording voiceover, adding VFX, color grading, and simple sound design + mixing
- Have a capacity to consider multiple design and video editing options depending on the context of a product
- Produce edits for client review and make revisions based on feedback received
- Have an incredible video asset portfolio showcasing your branded video abilities
- Be an expert in Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder, and comfortable working within After Effects and Photoshop
- In-depth knowledge of video capture systems and other specialized equipment
- Experience in creating visual content in digital or standard media (video, photography, gaming, etc.)
- Strong understanding of composition, lighting, and color in visual media
- Versatile skill set including graphic design
- 5 years experience in video production (agency or studio)
- 1-2 years in games marketing, a plus
- Worked in at least one marketing or advertising team in the past
- Possess the ability to meet tight deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
- Have a strong understanding of shot composition and can differentiate between good and bad game + screen capture for products
- Positive team player; solution orientated with an entrepreneurial attitude; thrives in a fast-paced and growing business
- Exceptional communication skills, both visual and written
You must submit an online portfolio with your application
· A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
· Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
· Competitive salary and equity package
· Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
· Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
· Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
· Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
· New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
· Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
· We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
· We invest in everyone’s personal development
· Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.