We’re building the future of live entertainment, and we’d do it even better with you. Twitch doesn’t just serve communities, we work as one too. We’re building a strong and diverse team, where everyone has a voice. We’re growing fast and always tackling the next big challenge.
Are you someone that enjoys documenting and organizing content for educational programs and events? Do you like the idea of simplifying tools for developers so they can prioritize their applications and services? Would you like working in a fun and creative, with an awesome team (remotely of course)?
As a Technical Writer at Twitch, you'll work directly with internal software development teams and engineering education programs + events in a collaborative, distributed environment. You'll work with software developers and technical program managers to produce high-quality technical content for programmers and web developers.
You have a technical background that enables interaction with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. You will have excellent communication and can demonstrate your ability to provide high-quality technical publications. You have a technical background and can achieve high-quality technical documentation. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas, we hope you are excited to learn about them!
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT or be fully remote anywhere in US.
Engineering Education & Events:
- Research and write technical documentation for our Operational Excellence and Early Careers onboarding program which includes video tutorials script and managing our facilitator’s content in a central repository.
- Update and manage engineering event sites such as the Engineering Summit, Twitch Hackweeks, and additional soon-to-launch program/events.
- Develop a Twitch Tech Survey while working with relevant stakeholders to implement questions based on feedback and research. Additionally, TW provides their expertise in writing survey analysis documentation to share back with engineering leaders and team leads.
General responsibilities for Platforms & Services:
- Manage the process of updating outdated or incomplete documentation from Platforms & Services teams and centralizing the content.
- Draft and review materials for standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- Ensures that the new documentation maintains a consistent style, tone, and approach.
- Modify existing databases/websites/database management systems
- Excellent communications skills and a passion for improving user experiences through intuitive products and robust documentation
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to research, then develop and drive solutions
- Experience as a technical writer for product documentation, or online publishing, writing technical, customer-facing materials
- Experience leading and writing documentation for developers (e.g., APIs, SDKs, web technologies)
- 2+ Years building/developing websites including writing content for reports and website postings
- 2+ Years mapping/driving business process efficiencies
- San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT or be fully remote anywhere in US.
Location(s): Remote- United States
Contract Length: 6-9 months (per length of service policy)
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $35.00/hour in our lowest geographic market up to $65.00/hour in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience