Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva’s International Marketing group is a diverse and distributed team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in our 13 priority markets. In this position, you will report to the Head of Marketing for Europe and will partner closely with leads across the Intl group as well as the central Growth Marketing (GroMar), Brand, Organic Social & Content, Product Growth, PR, and Creative to build and implement a comprehensive growth marketing strategy for Mexico across paid and some organic channels.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes growth marketing and has first-hand experience in high-growth tech companies in Mexico.
You will be enthusiastic about user acquisition through leveraging marketing channels - with strong experience in Paid Social (Facebook, YouTube) and Ad Creatives. You will bring a deep understanding of the market gained through first-hand experience and a local professional network. This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities - building strategy, leading execution, collaborating with multi-channel teams, and reporting on progress. You will ultimately own Mexico’s key growth metrics (primarily MAUs) and strong contribution to revenue and profitability goals.
We move fast here at Canva, and in this role, we are looking for someone who takes initiative and loves nothing more than to create a measurable impact and get work done. You will be enthusiastic about embracing the different opportunities & challenges that come with working across hypergrowth, global company. You’re who we want to be working with if you’re great at strategizing, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and collaborating across functions and timezones.
About the Role:
- Strategy - Build and constantly iterate on the country's growth strategy based on local market insights
- Be the market expert for Canva - Be the country expert and primary point of contact for all growth marketing activities in the country.
- Collaboration - Collaborate with the central marketing and product teams for all growth activities relating to the country
- Goal setting & measurement - Set short and long-term goals, measure success, report and iterate across marketing channels to ensure incremental growth.
- Create an impact - Ensure that the country-level goals are achieved within the defined budgets and guardrails
- Share our wins & learnings - Communicate accurate and timely weekly reports on the performance of your marketing initiatives to the global team & other stakeholders.
- Be a team player - Involvement with other global marketing and growth activities as needed.
- 6+ years of experience as a growth marketer with exposure to both paid and organic channels.
- Strong experience of strategising, building, optimising and scaling Paid Social (Facebook, YouTube, TikTok etc.) and Ad Creatives.
- Deep understanding of the Mexican market through first-hand experience in high-growth consumer-focused technology companies preferably in the technology space.
- Comfort in leading a multi-channel growth strategy and marketing plan across paid marketing, organic social, brand, partnerships, PR, lifecycle, affiliate, and product growth.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of multi-channel marketing: ROAS, payback model, incrementality, retention, attribution, etc.
- Ability to make decisions under ambiguity with an experimental and learning mindset.
- Experience in working cross-functionally and effectively with multiple partners in different time zones.
- Skills and experience in planning and managing budgets of $1M+ in an efficient and productive manner with a focus on key priorities and spending principles.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- A self-leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment with evolving priorities while multiple teams rely on you.
- Full proficiency in Mexican Spanish is required for this position.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.