Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Company:
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
The finance team manages our global financial activities, including strategic, operational, and treasury finance. We are a growing cross-functional team that partners with stakeholders to develop & drive detailed financial analyses, capital strategies, and resource allocation initiatives to support our short- and long-term goals.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Head of Finance to partner with executive leadership to determine how Worldcoin creates financial value. To scale, Worldcoin must manage its treasury effectively, from fundraising to allocating budget. In this role you will:
- Scale and lead a cross-border finance team charged with all financial operations and policies, including strategic financial planning, FP&A, budgeting & forecasting, treasury management, accounting, regulatory adherence & compliance, and financial risk assessment.
- Work with all teams to develop and maintain an annual, monthly, and rolling 12-months operating budget, P&L, and cashflow forecast*; *develop a comprehensive understanding of revenue and cost drivers in our business, as well as strategies to address and manage impactable costs.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings
- Oversee all periodic closings, audits, and preparation of consolidated financial statements. Manage the external accounting firm relationship. Implement appropriate financial reporting and analytical tools and metrics.
- Work with leadership to communicate frequently and effectively with our board as well as current and potential investors about strategic goals, KPIs, financial plans, and results.
- Effectively manage cash, cash-equivalents, AR, AP, and Tokens to achieve the financial objectives of the Company ## ## About You:
- Proven experience leading finance departments or relevant role in a publicly traded company or high growth company
- Experience scaling a globally operating technology or software-related startup, ideally a venture-backed gig economy or cryptocurrency company.
- Bachelor 's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA from a top tier University and/or CPA highly preferred, but not required
- Both pre and post IPO experience preferred with ideally having taken businesses from $50M in revenues to over $500M
- Proven track-record of managing a team and developing talent within an organization