About web3 foundation
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole. We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchain and cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot - a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
As Public Policy Manager at Web3 Foundation you will work closely with the Chief Legal Officer to proactively research, identify and analyse developments in policy positions on behalf of the Web3 Foundation.
We are a lean team with a flat organisation. You will be working closely together with team members in our HQ’s in Zug and remote locations. W3F operates a hybrid working policy. For this position, we are open to applicants from remote EU locations and can support relocation to Switzerland.
- Screening of regulatory and legislative developments across European, U.S. and global blockchain and crypto landscapes while keeping an eye on the broader tech environment
- Researching and analysing the impact, threats and opportunities of policy and regulation topics
- Drafting of narratives, talking points and other policy documents
- Engaging in outreach activities with key external stakeholders
- Supporting the Legal and Government Affairs and Public Policy team in building relationships with regulatory authorities, industry associations, NGO’s and other stakeholders
- Background and education in political science, law, international relations, economics or similar
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced tech and/or finance environment or a consultancy advising clients in these fields
- Familiarity with and strong interest in the Web 3.0 movement, blockchain and other decentralized technologies
- Exceptional research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, ability to influence and convince others
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure
- Native level written and spoken English, other languages are a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets regulation
- Practical experience of working with the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities and organisations
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)