Flowcarbon is a leading climate-tech company that operates at the intersection of carbon offsets and crypto. We are dedicated to building cutting edge web3 architecture needed to address major liquidity and efficiency challenges in the booming carbon offset market, thereby facilitating the flow of capital into projects that remove or reduce carbon from the atmosphere, like large-scale conservation, grassland protection and nature restoration. These projects can offer 30% of the overall solution to climate change, and Flowcarbon’s mission is in building the web3 market infrastructure to bring this about.
Flowcarbon is looking to hire an experienced individual with a background working in NBS project development within one or more of the major standards - VCS, GS, CAR, ACR. A plus if you have also worked with non-NBS methodologies. You will work closely with the carbon team to assess the strength of crediting calculation methods (within existing and emerging standards). You bring with you a strong work ethic, a willingness to hustle, and a deep network of project stakeholder relationships in the VCM and compliance markets.
Who You Are
- A passionate and heart-centered professional with a desire to build a better future for the generations to come
- At least 2-5 years of experience in nature-based project development and certification. Bonus if experienced with Gold Standard, Plan Vivo, Climate Action Reserve, American Carbon Registry and/or other compliance market standards
- Ideal candidate has experience registering and receiving certification for REDD+, ARR, and/or agricultural activity switching methodologies, and bonus if experienced with additional methodologies including renewable energy
- Preferred strong understanding of the geography specific project development organization landscape
- Preferred connections with consultants and technical experts in carbon credit certification
- Experience in the preparation of project idea notes, project design documents and validation documents
- Preferred on the ground understanding of the realistic development costs (e.g. planting, community engagement, government relations, operational costs) associated with each project type
- Fluent in English, with Spanish, Portuguese, French and additional languages as a strong advantage ## ### What You’ll Be Doing
- Scoping potential project investment opportunities
- Assessing current project investment opportunities using available satellite imagery, project area forestry/other relevant data, and guidance from the appropriate standard body and methodologies
- Assist with cost truthing analysis for project operations
- Assisting in project feasibility and business case development
Salary Range: $100,000.00 to $300,000.00 annually + equity + benefits The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Equal employment opportunity
Flowcarbon is an equal opportunity employer. We are a female founded company, we value diversity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Our HQs are New York City and Berlin — the team works in a hybrid weekly setup with 3 days in-person and 2 days remote. We will consider remote-only team members for certain roles.