The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We're looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to drive the roadmap for Compliance at GitLab. This team owns key features in GitLab that enable compliance teams to enforce, monitor, and verify that key regulatory requirements are met across the entire software development lifecycle.
The compliance team is responsible for building GitLab’s audit events, including our">streaming audit event functionality. Additionally the team is responsible for GitLab’s compliance framework labels and compliance dashboard. These areas of the product are aimed at directly serving the needs of compliance teams and are also closely related as the compliance standards adherence report is designed to be powered by our audit events.
You’ll collaborate closely with other GitLab stages to ensure that compliance extends across the entire GitLab platform. You’ll enable GitLab to be an easy platform to develop code in a way that is both secure and compliant and will help bring a compliant-by-default experience to the millions of people who build software with GitLab at over 100,000 organizations
What you’ll do
- Work closely with internal development, technical field, legal, compliance, security, and privacy teams to enable GitLab to build compliance capabilities into our product effectively.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us.
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small.
- Keep your direction page up to date as our high-level roadmap.
- Ensure that we translate user demands to features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable.
- Willingness to keep up with the rapidly evolving regulatory compliance and governance requirements and making recommendations for functionality that keeps GitLab positioned as a thought leader.
Additional core responsibilities of GitLab Product Managers.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Experience developing successful product strategy in an ambiguous, dynamic, and/or evolving market.
- Experience managing stakeholders, including internally-facing product teams, senior executives, field sales teams, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team in a large Product organization.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally, as compliance is closely related to many parts of GitLab.
- Understanding auditor and compliance team pain points with existing tools on the market.
- Experience building features within enterprise SaaS and Self-hosted software platforms.
- Prior experience building related security, compliance, or governance applications, such as SIEM tools, GRC tools, and/or other security tools.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.