CHANI is a queer, feminist-led tech and media company on a mission to make astrology and its wisdom accessible to everyone as a tool for self-discovery, mindfulness, and healing. 5% of all company’s revenue is disbursed directly to queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of color and/or disabled survivors of gender-based violence by FreeFrom.org. We also strongly believe in starting within, and we prioritize our team’s wellbeing with a salary floor of $80,000 before benefits, fully covered health, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) with a 5% match, unlimited menstrual leave, gender-based violence paid and protected leave, unlimited PTO with a vacation stipend, and a wealth-building stipend.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager (Creative) to join our team at Chani Nicholas Incorporated.
You will be our go-to for all things digital and physical product on the creative teams! If you love conceptualizing and building out product roadmaps from ideation to completion, planning timelines, and coordinating with key stakeholders to follow through on deliverables, then keep reading.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing product plans, managing project scope, timelines, strategizing, tracking, and coordination with a resource-conscious mindset, as well as post-project reviews. If you are a problem solver who can collaborate with others to ensure that product development runs smoothly, this role is for you.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the product strategy, roadmap, business requirements and go-to-market (GTM) plan;
- Manage product life cycle from conception to execution;
- Advocate for product needs while maintaining transparency across products for stakeholders;
- Allocate appropriate resources to alleviate blocks by balancing competing priorities;
- Work closely with cross-functional partners including the Creative, Writing, Operations, Production, Tech and Sales, and Marketing teams to build timelines and processes to ensure a coordinated and deliberate approach toward launching complex projects;
- Draft user stories, product specifications, and test and measurement plans
- Provide proper communication in a variety of formats to ensure that stakeholders and senior management are aware of progress and roadblocks;
- Ensure that all stakeholders in a project are completing their deliverables as needed and on time;
- Unblock team members and continually refine the processes of cross-functional teams in order to improve velocity and agility while reducing complexity;
- Own and drive projects to completion while using expert judgment to anticipate and mitigate project risks and blockers;
Who We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of product and/or project management experience who can liaise between creative and technical teams;
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces change and is confident leading in uncharted waters;
- Excellent relationship building skills and knows how to influence at all levels of the organization;
- An analytical thinker who is data-driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs;
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills, able to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization;
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative work environment with experience working on complex, large-scale projects;
- Strong knowledge of agile development, JIRA, Trello, and/or other project management platforms, as well as digital asset management tools;
- Software release experience, managing products across multiple teams with excellent attention to detail;
- Someone who is self-motivated, proactive, and able to work under minimal supervision at detailed levels while taking account of interdependencies at higher levels;
- Experience developing and managing detailed project plans that have multiple cross-functional dependencies;
- Basic understanding of astrology strongly preferred;
- A commitment to CHANI Inc.’s mission of supporting everyone in living their purpose;
- Be able to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 100% of a typical working day;
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is able to legally work in the U.S.; and
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
- $100k salary (plus $12k+ in additional annual stipends for a total of $112k);
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401k with a 5% match;
- 7 weeks of full office closure each year;
- Flexible work-from-home policy;
- 4 months paid parental leave;
- Unlimited, flexible paid vacation, subject to approval, plus a vacation stipend;
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave;
- Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses;
- An annual tech stipend;
- A personal and professional growth stipend;
- A stipend to help you build wealth.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references (names, position, relationship, and email address) in a single PDF to Meghan Hounshell at [email protected] with the subject line “Product Manager.” Please include your name and preferred pronouns on all documents. Please speak to how your experience and qualifications match what we are looking for in this role in your cover letter. We expect to receive a large number of applications for this position, so your cover letter is your best opportunity to demonstrate why you are the right person for the job. Please also note: we will not contact your references without notifying you first.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
Please note that because we expect to receive a huge volume of applications, we will only be in touch if we would like to move you forward to the next round. You will receive an auto-reply confirming the reception of your application – if you sent it to the correct email address, we received it. We also check our spam folders regularly so if it went there for any reason, we will retrieve it. Thank you for your understanding.
The Interview Process
- The team reviews your resume.
- The Director of Operations will hop on the phone with you for 15 minutes to assess your qualifications and ask, “Why CHANI?”
- You’ll participate in a technical interview with our Technical Product Manager. You’ll be asked a series of behavioral and technical questions.
- You’ll participate in a group interview with the Director of Content, Director of Design, Director of Marketing, Director of Sales, Director of Operations, and Director of Production.
- You’ll participate in a group interview with the President and CEO.
- The team reviews all feedback.
- We make a final decision and notify you.
- Remote, within the US; must be willing to travel to LA annually.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
- Anticipated start date: This position will remain open until filled. We are looking to fill the position immediately
- Exempt, full-time position (40 hours per week)
Position reports to
- Director of Operations and Director of Production