Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more. On Skillshare, millions of members come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey.
Are you looking for a holistic learning solution for your entire organization? Learn about Skillshare for Teams: https://teams.skillshare.com/
Want to work at Skillshare? Our collaborative culture goes far beyond our online community. It’s a real part of the humans-first way we work as a team. We believe the work we do makes a difference in the lives of our members, and our mission extends to ensuring our own team members live balanced, fulfilling lives. That means different things for everyone, but it begins with a workplace that embraces modern flexibility, inclusivity and transparency. See our career opportunities: https://jobs.lever.co/skillshare
At Skillshare, we’re building a global community of curious, lifelong learners. Our Payments and Compliance team builds the reliable platform to provide our teachers with income, our students with access to learning, and the internal tools to ensure the right transactions are taking place. As an international company used across the world and translated into 5 languages, this team ensures a robust and secure experience no matter where our users may be.
We’re excited to welcome a Technical Product Manager who will work closely with teams across the company to ensure that we’re providing a secure, welcoming, and relevant payment experience, and that our systems are fully integrated, fault-tolerant and resilient – even at high volume.
Note: this role can be held in Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, and Costa Rica.
What you'll do
- Work closely with engineering, product, support, finance, data, supply, and marketing teams to develop ongoing payments strategy and roadmaps
- Define and implement platform improvements to ensure a seamless user checkout experience
- Monitor platform health and work closely with support to triage issues
- Lead the strategy with our payment providers to power our user markets and offerings (we’re currently using Stripe and PayPal)
- Ensure users and business are protected by keeping our product compliant to tax and privacy regulations
Why we're excited about you
- You have experience owning a business-critical domain as a Product manager such as payments, compliance, or security
- You have experience leading or contributing to projects with third party integrations
- You’re technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers, and comfortable communicating complex financial concepts to non-technical teams and leaders across the company
- You’re a creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas
- You have proven ability to proactively lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment
Why you're excited about us
- Impact: Ensuring a strong platform underlying the user experience is critical to our company’s growth, and you’ll play a key role in supporting our continued growth
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.