About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
What We Do
Product Management partners with game development, publishing, marketing, and platform teams to provide a data and market-driven view of product strategy that aligns with business goals. As part of Epic’s Growth Team, we use our product expertise to identify and drive growth levers to grow our player base and business.
What You'll Do
As a product manager, you will work with cross functional teams to drive engagement in Fortnite Battle Royale. This includes working with analytics teams to monitor Battle Royale matchmaking systems and lobby health, communicating matchmaking insights to the Battle Royale team and owning the strategy for making adjustments to matchmaking that align with the broader Battle Royale and Fortnite strategy. Additionally, in this role you will be responsible for leading competitive analysis on Fortnite’s peers and communicating that analysis out to game leadership and cross functional teams.
In this role, you will
- Monitor the health of Fortnite Battle Royale matchmaking and own the strategy for testing improvements to the matchmaking system
- Partner with cross functional teams to conduct those matching tests and communicate results to the game team
- Work with the Fortnite Product Management team to identify and launch matchmaking improvements that align with broader Fortnite strategy
- Use competitive analysis to identify opportunities for Fortnite to introduce new innovations and further optimize existing offerings
- Collaborate with the Fortnite Product Management team to set the seasonal calendar for Battle Royale and communicate seasonal dates and objectives out to cross functional teams
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in product management, strategy, analytics, or similar roles
- A passion for games and a deep understanding of growth, engagement and retention principles and mechanics
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience in designing and implementing tests in a live environment
- Experience analyzing large data sets to identify actionable insights; Excel, SQL, and Tableau proficiency are required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Business, quantitative, technical, or design degree a plus