Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
As a Staff Product Designer on our Buyer Frequency & Retention team, you will help craft the future of Etsy’s buyer experiences in the Etsy apps (iOS & Android), inspiring buyers to return to Etsy to shop for everything from their evergreen interests to a gift for someone special. Specifically, this team aims to test new ways to help buyers deepen their relationship and engage more with Etsy over time. You will define and craft solutions that show buyers the depth and breadth of Etsy, developing features that help them achieve their shopping missions and keep them coming back for more.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Product Design Manager for Buyer Frequency & Retention. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. This role requires your presence in the Mexico office in an in-person or flex capacity. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
Join a team focused on and passionate about improving the buyer experience of Etsy! There will be collaboration with cross-functional product partners in engineering, research, analytics, and product management. You’ll be setting design strategy, setting team priorities and running experiments to optimize the shopping experience and reward buyer loyalty.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Discovering insights, opportunities, and requirements to drive product strategy
- Launching experiments and evaluating how they perform and how to iterate
- Testing prototypes and hypotheses with users to collect feedback
- Sharing your work to peers and leadership, async and in-person
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands and squad meetings
- Thinking and writing about your process and documenting your decisions
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Staff level at Etsy means:
- Thinking and designing at a system level, not just interface elements or pages
- Leading workshops and effectively align the group around a vision, strategy, and approach
- A have a track record of leading through ambiguity and designing complex flows and customer journeys
- Developing a deep understanding of current design patterns and UX trends
- Regularly making use of your soft skills: listening, negotiating, decision-making
- Spend time providing mentorship to other designers who seek out your expertise
- Playing a key part in hiring, onboarding, and improving our team’s culture and engagement
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Experience designing for native apps and using industry best practices for iOS and Android design
- Effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Expressing feedback with kindness and candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Translation of quantitative and qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribution to our culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity