At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground breaking titles to players around the world.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
As our Level Designer, you will help develop and deliver high-quality gameplay and level assemblies for our AAA projects across our high-profile co-development partners. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing level designers and iterate them into high-quality environments for our partner’s games.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and create game levels - projects could be at any stage of the game’s gestation, from concept and prototype through mid-development, to soft launch and live updates
- You’ll embrace and exemplify the MPG design methodology; which campaigns quality and starts with a deep understanding of our partner’s design process
- You’ll communicate frequently with both internally and externally on progress, scope, quality and risk
- You’ll be discussing and explaining the rationale behind your analyses and recommendations
- You’ll be implementing the levels you design and work collaboratively with the level artist to ensure that the level is playable and that the graphic elements support each other
- You’ll be fixing level design bugs entered into the database by our QA team
- Actively participate in design specific discussions and design reviews
What we’ll need from you:
- Previous experience working in a Level Design position and at least one shipped title
- A passion for making and playing a broad range of games
- A good knowledge of level editing tools and scripting languages
- The ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in writing and explaining high quality and thorough level design documentation demonstrable with portfolio materials
What would help:
- A shipped multiplayer game that you worked on from pre-production to launch
- Experience in free to play design
- Experience of prototyping game mechanics using UE4 Blueprints
- Experience with scripting or programming languages