Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
This is a hybrid role based out of San Francisco or Los Angeles (West Hollywood) offices and will require you to be in office Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr connects LGBTQ people with one another and the world. We are the world’s largest social network focused on the LGBTQ community, enabling our users to find and engage with each other and generally express themselves. We are devoted to providing a platform for social interactions for the community and to cultivating a safe and accepting environment where all are welcome and feel a sense of belonging.
Grindr is looking for a seasoned Director of Product Management to own product strategy for our ads monetization product. This leader will develop ads monetization strategy, setting the foundation to triple our ads revenue over the next few years. Additionally, this product leader will build a self-serve ad platform ultimately enabling other businesses to capitalize on the world’s largest social network for the LGBTQ+ community. This role will work closely with our Ads Sales team to drive revenue, and will build out and lead a team of talented PMs. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high-priority initiative for our company and drive direct impact to revenue growth, all while having a little fun!
What’s the job?
- Define and executive the product roadmap for Grindr’s ads monetization strategy, including defining the strategy with Third-Party Advertisers
- Lead a 0 to1 build of a new self-serve ad platform on the Grindr App
- Build and lead a cross-functional team to execute and deliver Grindr’s monetization initiatives, driving exponential growth to ads revenue
- Partner with our ad sales team as a thought leader from a product perspective, capitalizing on your core PM skills to evaluate and optimize ads
- Build out and lead a talented team of PMs
- Establish metrics to track the performance of ads monetization, and set revenue and growth targets for the initiatives
- Contribute directly to the increase of ads monetization revenue, achieve or exceed monthly revenue targets
- Drive improvements for ad architecture, including improving ad formats and building out ad experiences
- Partner with finance team to build, monitor, and refine in-app monetization opportunities and budgets
- Work with executives and ensure they are informed of ad monetization efforts and developments
What we'll love about you
- 8-10 years of Product Management experience in ads monetization within the tech, entertainment, or social media industries, or alike
- Analytical and wired to consume large amounts of data and insights
- Strong track record of setting and achieving metrics-driven goals
- Experience with executive presentations and communication, and working cross functionally with senior leadership
- Experience with global markets, products, and users preferred
- Proven track record of building and leading high performing teams
- Experience with self-serve ad platforms
- A combination of publicly traded and high-growth companies
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Multiple Locations: We currently have offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are hiring someone for this role to be based ideally in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events