About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Figment, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives. Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space. The Product Marketing Lead will have a background in developer platforms and will launch and lead our product marketing function. They will bridge the Business and R&D teams to streamline Edge & Node’s go to market process.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Growing the usage of The Graph’s decentralized network by both bringing in new developers and verticals as well as facilitating the migration of all 30B+ monthly queries on the hosted service to the decentralized network
- Driving go-to-market strategy and execution for all of the projects that Edge & Node works on
- Ensuring The Graph's docs, website and communication channels offer both smooth onboarding for new developers, and a rich resource for power users.
- Driving product marketing content to educate and grow The Graph’s web3 developer, infrastructure provider and DeFi user bases.
- Identifying web3 market trends and collaborating with Research & Product teams to make sure that product roadmap aligns with developer and user needs.
- Defining and owning growth KPIs. Intimately understand levers for KPIs, create plans, and own meeting KPIs. Collaborate with the Data Science team to make real-time KPIs accessible for both Business and R&D teams.
- Building the product marketing team from scratch, including technical writers, dev relations, PMMs and others roles as needed.
- Owning partner relationships and content creation for education initiatives with education platforms inside and outside of web3.
What We Expect
- 3-5 years driving product marketing and go-to-market for a developer platform
- 6 months to 2 years of experience using DeFi and web3 products regularly
- Strong writer - Your ability to structure ideas in written form is superb.
- Logistics expert - While you value good strategy, you also embody the aphorism “Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics”
- Versatile - You are capable of thinking of the big picture but also rolling up your sleeves and getting things done with an attention to detail.
- Natural leader - You are effective at presenting your ideas, getting alignment across diverse stakeholders, and driving execution in a cross-functional environment.
- Team player - People love working with you and you make the people around you more effective. You take pride in being a force multiplier.
- Growth mindset - You naturally seek to expand upon your current ideas. You keep an eagle eye on emerging projects/verticals in the web3 ecosystem.
- Docs obsessed - You believe that good docs are the best marketing. You believe that docs are part of the product.