About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have three amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT/SFT game items.
- Niftyswap, the decentralized marketplace—powered by Sequence—that makes trading semi-fungible tokens (SFTs) instant and secure. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. And, Niftyswap is poised to become the premiere marketplace for trading SFTs, web3 game and metaverse items. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Coinbase, Initialized, BITKRAFT, DCG, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a product marketing leader looking to make a massive impact by leading all marketing initiatives for the Sequence developer platform and smart wallet. Our primary goal is to onboard more builders to build with Sequence and grow the Sequence brand to be recognized as the best web3 platform for building games, metaverses, NFT projects, and other apps. As a secondary goal, we need to build trust in the Sequence brand amongst end users—because end users will ultimately access web3 applications via their Sequence Wallet.
The Product Marketing Director (PMD) role is both a leadership and hands-on role. You will own, develop, and execute the marketing strategy for Sequence, which includes managing teammates. Sequence as a platform consists of many different products, which presents unique considerations regarding how to best position and market our offerings. As PMD, you will manage product launches and help drive all aspects of execution, including market research, customer development, messaging, collateral and content (sales aids, presentations, blog posts, content), web deliverables, video deliverables, social strategy, email campaigns, paid advertising, events, hackathons, and more. Ultimately, you will help us achieve our business goals in existing and new markets.
You will collaborate with multiple teams across the product development lifecycle, including the leadership team, marketing, product, business development, data, content marketing, social and community, creative, legal, and others. You will also be the primary driver and manager of relationships with agencies as they help us strategize and execute on our marketing initiatives.
You must be a leader who’s passionate about web3, experienced with product marketing for developer-facing technology products, proactive and collaborative, and a compelling storyteller with innovative problem-solving abilities. You have a strong drive to succeed and achieve KPIs. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to take Sequence to the next level with strategy, creativity, and content—all with a stellar focus on our target audience.
Product management, marketing strategy development & execution
- Define go-to-market strategy and positioning
- Direct content strategy and execution (website, socials, video, blog, email, events, hackathons, etc.)
- Deliver artifacts (presentations, studies, plans) to improve product adoption and grow brand awareness
- Help define product roadmaps and priorities alongside Product team
- Lead and nurture the Sequence marketing team
- Collaborate cross functionally with kindess and build positive and trusting relationships across the organization
- Customer development: obsess over the developer experience, conduct research, define personas, uncover opportunities to improve both product and marketing initiatives
- Be the product expert
- Manage and direct agencies
- Competitive analysis to inform our position in the market
- Direct and oversee social media initiatives to ensure they’re meeting business objectives
- Direct and oversee community initiatives to ensure they’re meeting business objectives
Lifecycle marketing, partnerships, business development (BD) support
- Drive initiatives for product adoption, ecosystem growth, lifecycle management, and support the achievement of revenue targets
- Co-marketing strategies to elevate our partners’ brands and our own, ultimately growing our audience and ecosystem of developers and users
- Work alongside BD to help qualify leads, learn through sales process, and gather feedback for better product communication and content that drives leads into conversions
- Help lead on grassroot initiatives and influencers collaborations
- 5-10+ years of experience in a Product Marketing Manager or Product Marketing Director role
- Passionate and knowledgeable about web3
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching developer-facing technology products
- Experience leading product marketing teams
- Experience strategizing and leading successful product marketing programs with clear data-driven results
- Experience in a Product Manager role is a big bonus
- Excellent English communication skills re: verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong writing, storytelling and content creation skills
- Strong understanding of data and analytics
- Experience performing customer development
- Excellent people skills with an ego-less approach to collaboration
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and focus in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment in order to drive maximum impact